June 30, 2020
July 8, 2020
Re: Job Posting
East Zone Supervisor
Continental Nights (1830-0630)
$17.00 - $19.00 /hr.
Are you interested in starting a career in a fast paced and growing industry? As a provider of security services to clients with complex security needs, Paladin Security Group is offering an exciting career opportunity for you to give back to your community, while developing skills for future careers. Our training programs are also a leader in the security industry, and they will help prepare you for advancements, as well as build your resume for a potential career in law enforcement.
The Zone Supervisor is responsible for supervising the activities and job performance of Security guards assigned to all sites belonging to Paladin. The Zone Supervisor is expected to represent Paladin Security Group while on the road and/or respective client sites. The East Zone Supervisor services Paladin Security contracts located in Scarborough, Markham, and Durham Region.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides leadership, direction, and ongoing coaching and training
- Ensures all standing orders and scheduled daily activities are carried out as required for each shift
- Ensures site staff adhere to all Paladin Security and site security policies and procedures
- Ensures all Security Guards and Team Leaders have received the mandatory training
- Motivates staff and issues commendations
- Disciplines staff when necessary and ensures proper documentation is passed onto head office
- Documents and investigates security incidents and complaints
- Investigate alarm responses and respond in a timely manner
- Communicates any concerns/issues with Site Supervisor/Coordinator
- At least two years security experience in a Team Lead role
- Post Secondary education in a Law Enforcement/Security program from a recognized college
- Working knowledge of the Trespass to Property Act and Mental Health Act
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated punctuality and reliability, tact and diplomacy
- Must possess a valid G Class license with a minimum driving experience of 3 years.
- Must provide drivers abstract. No more than 2 minor convictions, no major convictions, and no more than 6 demerits in the last three years.
- All successful applicants must undergo a vulnerable sector check
Extensive Paid Industry Training
Employer Paid Benefits
Opportunities for Growth & Advancement
At the time of the interview applicant must be able to produce proof of completion of the following prerequisites:
A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
Proficient in English (both oral and written)
Successful completion of the following requirements provided by Paladin are mandatory prior to placement:
First Aid & CPR – Level C
Management of Aggressive Behavior
Use of Force
Additional courses as assigned
Upon hire successful applicants will be required to complete the following Paladin online courses:
Successful completion of Paladin’s online Customer Service
Successful completion of Paladin’s online Patrol Procedures
Successful completion of Paladin’s online Diversity Awareness
Successful completion of Paladin’s online Finding The OHS Manual
Successful completion of Paladin’s online Paladin OHS Orientation
Successful completion of Paladin’s online Dealing with People with Mental Illness
Successful completion of Paladin’s online Workplace Respect
Successful completion of Paladin’s online Slips, Trips and Falls
Additional courses as assigned
Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.