Videri/WHIM is an Experience company. We are changing the way we see, hear, play, learn, consume on a WHIM - it’s a whole new way of doing Stuff. Through Visual IoT, we exist to engage the senses, stretch the imagination and ignite curiosity. We have spent years pushing the status quo and redefining what is visually possible. Nothing we do is expected. And we like it that way. Now, if your brain started whirling with an abundance of ideas, and you think joining the team is in your stellar wheelhouse, give us a shout. We’re waiting for you.
We are looking for people that are:
We are about that extra-mile, that electric spark, that glowing ember - the fire that never goes out – because we know we’re onto something phenomenal and we’re not stopping until we get there.
We are about swift flexibility in ideas, thoughts and action as we must adapt ourselves and our mindsets, sometimes daily, sometimes more, to achieve our goals.
We are about open-minded wonderment (read: without judgment) to consistently question, refresh and recalibrate our thinking and doing. There is always more to learn. Always.
We are about thinking forwards, backwards, sideways, diagonally and abstractly so we make the impossible, possible. We encourage coloring outside of the lines and getting messy for the good stuff.
We are about every unique piece of the puzzle in order to create the whole masterpiece. The more diverse we are, the more expansive we become as company.
What you'll do
- Ownership of the deployment pipeline of Videri’s suite of products across mobile, embedded Android and cloud-based solutions.
- Streamline the deployment process and ensure automation and continuous integration best practices are in place
- Own the cloud infrastructure and develop best practices for update and security guidelines. Key handling, access handling, etc…
- Provide technical and analytical guidance to the development team
- Ensure product quality through the creation of automated scripts, as well as contributing to the overall automation framework infrastructure
- Identify performance bottlenecks in applications, processes, systems and methodologies; recommend optimal solution
- Monitors infrastructure and key customer accounts as required.
- Improves system performance by identifying problems; recommending changes.
- Participates in development of client training programs by identifying learning issues; recommending instructional language.
- Avoids legal challenges by monitoring compliance with service agreements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
What you'll need
- Shell, Bash, Java, Python, Ruby (proficiency in at least one)
- Setup and maintenance of Docker images
- Unix/Linux (Strong to Expert)
- Automation Provisioning knowledge (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Container Orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Mesos)
- Source Control (git, svn)
- Administration of servers (Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows Server)
- Understanding of Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Understanding of Networking: VPC, Subnet, VPN, Route Table
- DNS Server Understanding (bind, route53)
- Managing webservices (Nginx, Apache)
- Experience with monitoring tool (Cloudwatch, Prometheus, Nagios, New Relic, APM)
- Experience with CI / CD integration (GoCD, Jenkins, Docker Hub, ECS)
- Knowledge of network security and good practices
- Computer Science degree or relevant diploma
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in software development or relevant experience
- Effectively and efficiently communicate, both verbally and in writing
- Strong attention to detail, motivation, self-initiative with strong organizational (personal and team based) and interpersonal skills are essential
- Must have a collaborative, team-oriented work style and possess ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively across multiple teams and adopt a multi-faceted approach.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fast learner, good problem solver, analytic
- Bilingual French / English
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and performance
- Medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Kitchen always stocked with coffee, snacks, drinks and beers every Friday!
- Fun office space with pin pong table, located near Metro Charlevoix and near the Lachine canal; our offices are open planned with large windows in Montreal’s biggest brick building
- Flexible schedule
- Great mentorship and easy accessibility with Leadership with a start-up company culture
- Fun team building events throughout the year
- Passionate and friendly teams
If this speaks to you, please apply. Experience is transferable from many different skills and backgrounds, and your passion and enthusiasm are what will set you apart. We’re an open and inclusive organization dedicated to diversity and fair hiring practices.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Agile and TDD methodology: 3 years (Required)
- Master's Degree (Preferred)