ROJ Truck and Trailer Repair is hiring a Journeyman Mechanics and or 3rd/4th year apprentices. Wages to be negotiated depending on experience.
We are only as good as the people on our team and our success comes down to hiring people with right attitude. If you are energetic, self-motivated, reliable, adaptable and most importantly have an incredible attitude, we want you to join the ROJ Truck and Trailer Repair Team. This is a unique opportunity for a person with the right aptitudes and interests to learn, from the ground up, all the processes associated with parts management, inventory management, work order management, and invoice management in a high-volume truck repair shop.
- Performing quality repairs & preventative maintenance services on heavy trucks and trailers.
- Ensure repairs are carried out according to manufacturer’s procedures and in a safe and responsible manner, within the designated timeframe.
- Interpreting work orders and technical manuals with the aide of your supervisor.
- Assist in fault diagnosis and troubleshooting mechanical & electrical failures.
- Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and warranty materials on completion of repairs.
- Testing and inspecting vehicles to ensure repairs are completed to manufacturers’ specifications and Government standards.
- Ensure service documentation is completed as per instructions.
- Notify Team Lead of any additional repairs needed.
- Training and/or assisting other technicians or apprentices with their work.
- Participate in any technical training or development training that is made available.
- Ensures that all completed jobs are quality checked for discrepancies.
- Continuously monitors the effectiveness of the various strategies aimed at reduction of Costs, Wages, and improvement of Quality Control procedures.
- Ensures that the ROJ facility is a safe and healthy working environment for all personnel.
Provides all relevant, necessary information to the Office Manager to ensure that all jobs are invoiced promptly and accurately
- Conducts himself in a professional manner, constantly assisting personnel in the development of proper work habits.
- Demonstrates good judgment in solving problems and making decisions.
- Respects and maintains the confidentiality of company, customer, and personnel information.
- Maintains cooperative working relationships with supervisors and other staff members in all departments.
- Understands that - THE CUSTOMER IS OUR FIRST PRIORITY- and strives to support that priority.
- Stays aware of current company policies and procedures and adheres to those regulations.
- Maintains an appearance appropriate for the position and situation.
- Maintains adequate controls to safeguard the inventory and minimize handling, storage, and damage costs.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by Lead Hand.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 4 years' experience as a truck and trailer mechanic.
- Honest and reliable attitude.
- Team player with a good attitude.
- Detail and accuracy oriented to ensure no information or detail is overlooked.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions.
Job requires sitting, standing, reading, writing, computer skills, walking and lifting at 20 to 70 lbs. occasionally in Office and Shop environments. Drug Free Workplace.
Medical and Dental after 3 months
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: $60,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Mechanical: 4 years (Required)