SPECIFIC POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure a clean, safe and secure environment, acting as a role model and facilitating the client’s physical, emotional and intellectual growth and development.
- Act as a primary worker/case manager for a designated number of youth assisting in the establishment, implementation, monitoring and reporting on client’s progress towards therapeutic goals/plan of care.
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of the client’s plan of residency.
- Provide individual and group counselling/support to clients.
- Assume an advocacy role for clients through on-going liaison with the family and other community agencies.
- Plan and implement recreational and therapeutic activities with and for clients.
- Ensure the security of medication, program/food funds and agency property.
- Communicate significant information and developments to other staff members both in writing and verbally.
- Within the probationary period, acquire complete knowledge of accepted policies, practices and procedures and the ability to carry them out. Assist in the training and orientation of other staff.
- Complete all administrative tasks in a timely fashion as required for both client and organizational purposes.
- Daily housekeeping
- Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of the overall program.
- Abide by the specific requirements of Section 28 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act as well as any further health and safety responsibilities as outlined in the agency policy and procedure documents.
- Support and supervise the practicum for a College student.
- Other duties as may reasonably be assigned.
- A minimum of a college diploma in Social Services, Child and Youth Care or a related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a mental health setting
- Experience working with clients in crisis, conducting risk assessments and creating safety plans
- Must obtain and maintain a valid CPR, First Aid Certificate, CPI and up to date immunization records.
- Current (within 3 months), clear criminal reference check
- Medical statement attesting ability to work in a residential setting
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sound decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to establish relationships with clients that demonstrate self-awareness, appropriate professional boundaries and an ability to have a therapeutic impact.
- Computer literate to the extent required by the position.
- Available to work flexible hours according to program and/or client need.
- A valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to use of a reliable vehicle.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.97 to $18.08 /hour
- healthcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)