Advanced Flow Systems is looking for an Material Handler / Pressure Tester to join our team in Maple Ridge! We are looking for independent people that are looking to build their career in trades. Working as part of a high energy and fast-paced team, you will be operating hand and power tools, and perform various tasks related to physical labour.
This position will start on our day shift from 6:00am - 2:30pm, Monday to Friday and then move to our afternoon shift.
Essential Functions for this role are:
- Receive and inspect all incoming materials.
- Oversee the secure and accurate loading and unloading of deliveries.
- Identify damaged merchandise and take appropriate action.
- Move and transport materials with forklift and assist forklift jobs between all buildings and staff.
- Arrange and dispose of all yard waste/scrap including hazardous and raw metal.
- Keep yard and supply rooms tidy and organized.
- Distribute all received material to the correct locations.
- Identify and read vendor packing slips, carrier shipping documents, and other receiving documents and compare to purchase orders to ensure accuracy.
- Visual inspection of inventory levels in production cells and report low inventory items.
- Kits assembly and production bin replenishment.
- Stock and supply point of used within production.
- Inventory cycle counts.
- Work with the Materials Planner in all aspects of warehouse functions.
- Control and Monitor VMI parts
If you have the following skills, then we want to hear from you!
- High school diploma or GED.
- Hold a valid Forklift ticket
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Lifting or moving up to 75 lbs. may be required.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Demonstrated ability to operate material handling equipment.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Computer literacy, including working skills of Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills, and attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Detailed oriented and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Positive outgoing attitude; with a professional demeanor
- You are driven and enjoy some autonomy in a position.
Who are we and why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is growing and there are opportunities to grow with the organization,
- Our full time employees are eligible for our RRSP matching program of up to 3% and we have a great benefits package,
- We value our employees and everyone has a voice in the organization,
Advanced Flow Systems offers competitive compensation packages, the rate of pay for this role will be based on experience & education. If you want to learn more about the organization, please visit our website at www.advantecglobal.com
Thank you for your interest in Advanced Flow Systems. We thank all applicants in their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time