Sweep & Mop Cleaning Services is in search for a part time cleaner to join our team. We are looking for a person who is awesome, outgoing and most importantly, someone who believes in honesty, integrity and exemplary work ethic.
A background check is required for all applicants who wishes to apply.
The initial job responsibilities of the CLEANER will be expected to perform but is not limited to the following:
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Mow and trim lawns and shrubbery, using mowers and hand and power trimmers, and clear debris from grounds.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snowplows, snow blowers, and snow shovels, and spread snow melting chemicals.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Clean and restore building interiors damaged by fire, smoke, or water, using commercial cleaning equipment.
- Drive vehicles required to perform or travel to cleaning work, including vans, industrial trucks, or industrial vacuum cleaners.
The skills a CLEANER generally expected to have but is not limited to the following:
- Perform General Physical Activities-- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Handle and Moving Objects-- Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Maintain Mechanical Equipment-- Servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical (not electronic) principles.
- Operate Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment-- Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, passenger vehicles, aircraft, or water craft.
- Controll Machines and Processes-- Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes (not including computers or vehicles).
- Housekeeping ( 1 Year )
- Residential / Commercial Cleaning ( 1 Year )
- A valid driver's license would be preferred but may not be required.
- Must posses a valid work permit in Canada.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken ENGLISH language
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
- janitorial: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)