AMENDMENT: Closing date extended due to OPS Careers system outage.
Do you have highly developed administrative and customer service skills? If so, they will be well utilized as an Administrative Assistant providing critical support to the managers and staff of Ontario Parks Operations and Development Section.
Note: This position is located at 300 Water Street, Peterborough, however alternate work arrangements may be available.
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy
and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint
pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code
. Refer to the "How to apply" section if you require a disability-related accommodation.
- provide support with human resource procedures, e.g. preparing a variety of WEAR forms, and associated HR documents, assisting with competitions and entering/tracking attendance
- provide financial administration support through processing/reviewing financial transactions such as expenditure claims, requisitioning, receipting goods and services and using corporate software tracking systems
- oversee office administrative functions including procurement/purchasing, facilities and assets management, accommodation, office furniture/equipment purchase/repair, supplies and telecommunication services, office technology, and records management
- make travel and accommodation arrangements following appropriate travel policies, including obtaining appropriate approvals
- make arrangements for meetings including the preparation of agenda, acquiring of meeting rooms, arranging for audio-visual or other equipment preparing and issuing meeting notices etc.
- provide customer service to internal and external clients and respond to inquiries
- you are able to determine what matters are urgent and should be given priority when performing a variety of different tasks with conflicting deadlines
- you can demonstrate initiative in coordinating administrative work flow to ensure completion within prescribed timelines
- you have coordination and planning skills to schedule/make arrangements for meetings and coordinate travel and accommodation for staff
- you have knowledge and experience with administrative procedures, practices and guidelines
- you have proven experience with various human resources and attendance/payroll functions
- you have knowledge and experience with standard office and filing procedures
- you have experience working with financial procedures and processes
- you have financial monitoring and associated arithmetic skills to reconcile expenditures, invoices and monthly statements
- you have experience with financial information systems
- you have oral communication skills to convey information to client groups and the general public and respond to inquiries using tact and diplomacy
- you have well developed interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive relations with clients, management and staff
- you have written communication skills to compose general correspondence and check for accuracy and content
- you are able to work independently and as part of a team
- you can interpret and apply relevant polices, legislation, guidelines, principles and procedures
- you have attention to detail in order to review a variety of documents for accuracy and completeness
- you have problem solving skills to identify, investigate and resolve discrepancies
- you have well developed computer skills and experience with software applications for word processing, database management, presentations, file sharing, email and calendar management
- you are proficient at entering and retrieving data from information systems
- you can operate and maintain common office equipment