Looking to grow your career? We may have an opportunity for you!
Since 1985, Universal Rehabilitation Service Agency, URSA, has been a Calgary based non-profit agency that works to meet the needs of individuals with disabilities in community settings. We continue to break down a multitude of barriers for these individuals and help them thrive in the community.
Given its continued growth, URSA is looking to add a full-time Housekeeper to the Agency.
This position is essential to the day-to-day operations and running of the program or site. In order to succeed as a housekeeper you must be kind, team oriented, respectful, and flexible.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the facility and its environments (group home grounds are kept clean, uncluttered and well maintained)
- Report immediately to Supervisor/Manager, any client medical problems (seizures, temperatures, cuts and scrapes requiring attention)
- Administer minor health care to clients according to established Agency procedures and access emergency services when necessary
- Recommend changes/improvements to dietary issues and feeding
- Complete cleaning duties within the home in an organized and timely fashion as per group home Housekeeper checklist and Agency standards
- Assist with sewing projects (i.e., curtains, shirt protectors)
- Complete meal preparation and baking in accordance with approved menu plans
- Complete household laundry as required
- Assists with special projects (spring cleaning, preparing food platters for special events)
- Monitor and informs Manager/Supervisor of maintenance issues
- Responsible for monitoring, purchasing and keeping an on-going inventory of household supplies
- Order additional stock as needed (i.e. Incontinence supplies, tube feed supplies, special orders)
- Monitor and update the house inventory at least once per year
- Monitor and ensure that a specific budget is maintained (i.e. grocery budget, cleaning supplies)
- Administer medications in accordance with Agency Policy
- Equivalent combination of experience and education in food preparation, safe food handling, OH & S, and housekeeping
- Experience in monitoring a budget
- Maintains and utilizes First Aid/CPR
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
The hourly wage for this position is $16.23
We offer competitive wages and excellent benefits.
The selected candidate must have a clear criminal record and be able to pass the child welfare check.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
If this opportunity is of interest to you please submit your resume in confidence by email.
Job Type: Full-time
- House Keeper: 1 year (Preferred)