Feb 5, 2020
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets.
Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Corporate and Funding Technology is comprised of three primary areas: Operations & Risk, Corporate and Client Financing.
- Operations & Risk helps the Firm’s businesses while maintaining a strong risk profile. The group includes Operations, Funding, Finance and Risk Technology.
- Corporate improves our operating environment and is made up of Legal, Compliance & Corporate Governance, Digital & Corporate Communications and Human Resources Technology groups.
- Client Financing platforms provide technology and service to our hedge fund and Asia high-net-worth clients. Groups include Prime Brokerage, Private Wealth Management Asia and Counterparty Risk Technology.
Global Settlements is a multidisciplinary software development team working on the firm’s new settlements platform processing over a trillion dollars of cash and securities per day. The new system will be performing settlement of all firm’s securities and cash transactions in more than 84 markets around the globe.
Being one of the most critical systems in the bank, the new platform must be highly available, will have to support high throughput and concurrency, and must be flexible to allow quick and easy onboarding of new markets. As we are building the system from scratch and designing it to run on premise and in Microsoft Azure Cloud, we are carefully evaluating and choosing the best appropriate technology and our team members are playing an active role in making these decisions. Therefore, a position in our team offers a unique opportunity to learn about financial markets operations management and to work on challenging problems in the areas of business analysis, software architecture, design, implementation, DevOps and cloud development.
The “Intermediate Java backend developer“ responsibilities are - understanding and validating the requirements, designing and implementing software components satisfying the requirements, and creating automated tests proving the system works as expected. We are looking for a highly motivated, analytically strong, independent and collaborative team players with a significant experience in software development and excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in backend Java development.
- Excellent knowledge of and practical experience in:
- Object Oriented Analysis and Programming language(s)
- Software Design and Integration Patterns
- Relational databases (DB2, Sybase, Oracle, etc)
- Messaging technologies (IBM MQ, RabbitMQ, etc)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills - ability to understand complex business requirements and identify the best technical solutions.
- Experience with iterative/agile development and DevOps.
- Hands-on experience in design and development of scalable and highly available software systems.
- Familiarity with Cloud-based development preferably Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with Spring (core, data, batch, integration, boot, cloud, etc).
- Familiarity with Angular JS.
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, distributed caches (Gemfire, Reddis, etc), Document Databases.
- Experience with Python, Unix scripting.
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.