Systematix is currently looking for an Infrastructure Database Administrator to help with the implementation of a diverse global IT Operations network, for one of the world’s leaders in Life Sciences technologies.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Our client is one of the world’s leading Global Life Sciences companies in the world, with offices around the globe. Working as DBA for the Cloud technologies division, you will be responsible for managing and providing support for the enterprise Microsoft SQL Server technology platform to align with the company goals, objectives and direction. Additionally, you will be establishing best operational practices for Microsoft SQL Server and Windows platforms.
Your responsibilities in the role will be:
Allocation of time:
- Work with key people in our global IT departments to provide secure, reliable Shared Services.
- Create shared database farms and consolidate isolated DBs to reduce cost
- Leverage cloud-based technology to improve cycle times and reduce cost
- Architectural design decisions to ensure availability, performance and scalbility
- Research and reccommend improcvements to to exisiting services
- Database Infrastructure Build and Automation 40%
- Database Infrastructure Architecture and Design 20%
- Database Infrastructure Monitoring and Optimization 20%
- Level 1-3 Support, Patching, Performance Tuning 15%
- Vendor management/AWS Support 5%
ABOUT THE QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years hands-on experience supporting large, complex infrastructures
- Proven infrastructure experience – architecture, design, infrastructure implementation, operational support and monitoring
- Proven experience setting up and managing new technology and cloud services
- Proven experience managing large scale database applications and infrastructure
- Extensive knowledge of MS SQL Server
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team on multiple projects while meeting deadline demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a 6-month contract role in the Greater Toronto Area, with a very strong intent to extend the contract.
If you are interested in finding out more please contact us or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or if willing, refer someone who is qualified, as Systematix will offer a referral fee for successful placements.
Systematix is one of North America's largest privately owned National Consulting and Resourcing firms. We provide the highest caliber consulting solutions to a diverse client base that includes all levels of Government and all Private Industry sectors.