Kelowna - UBC Okanagan
BCGEU OK Food Services
UBCO-AVP Finance & Operations
UBCO - Food Services
Desired Start Date:
Please note the hours for this role as follows:
- Monday 10:30am to 3pm
- Tues/Wed off
- Thursday/ Friday 11am to 3:30pm
- Sat/Sun 10:30am to 3:00pm
Under the direction of the Sous Chef, the Third Cook is responsible for cooking, day to day production, works the assigned line or station and does food preparation work.
Reporting to the Sous Chef, the position interacts with other Food Services Staff. Receives direction and guidance from the First Cook.
- Cooking food in assigned location.
- Participates in day to ay production.
- Works the assigned line or station.
- Does food preparation work.
- Other duties as required.
Reports to the Sous Chef. Takes day to day direction from the First Cook.
No supervision given.
Consequence of Error/Judgement
Improper food care or storage could result in food waste and lost resources and unnecessary costs.
Grade 12 or equivalent, certificate in cooking from a recognized cooking institution and Food Safe Level 1 Certificate. One year of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. . Performance Competencies & Criteria - Ability to maintain cafeteria in a safe and sanitary manner
- Ability to lift medium weight objects and requires continuous physical activity.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with internal and external contacts
- Must be flexible and able to manage conflicting priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with an aptitude for working in a collegial and collaborative environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, with a demonstrated ability to handle a high volume of work during peak periods; ability to multitask.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
Equity and diversity are essential to academic excellence. An open and diverse community fosters the inclusion of voices that have been underrepresented or discouraged. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.