The Network & Telecom Administrator ensures the stable operation of the telecommunications network and infrastructure. This person is responsible, among other things, for planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all network hardware, software and communication links. This incumbent of this position plays a key role on the team by bringing in new ideas and quickly adapting to the latest technological developments.
- Check systems daily for proper operation and proactively detect network and performance problems
- Implement telecommunications-related changes in accordance with the change management protocol
- Perform troubleshooting related to incident and problem management
- Implement MACs in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Advise and assist support teams operating 24/7
- Update documentation on network configurations and operating procedures
- Understand and apply all appropriate standards: security, architecture, project delivery methodology and Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX).
- Collaborate with other team members to improve overall support activities
- Carry out project activities: installations, upgrades and patches
- Assist in transitioning to the core team (T2C) in the application of operating standards
Improvement of Practices
- Gain knowledge of key future technologies
- Share automation ideas to help improve support efficiency
This position provides standard working conditions in an office environment with a regular Monday to Friday work schedule. However, it requires 24/7 availability to respond to critical incidents. Shift work and rotation allows for continuous service.
- 2 to 5 years’ relevant work experience
- Diploma of College Studies (DCS/DEC) focusing on telecommunications, in one of the following fields of study:
o Electricity or Engineering
o Computer Science
- Specialist or professional-level certification (minimum of one) or equivalent work experience:
Intermediate to Expert (CCNA to CCNP)
- Certification: ITIL 2011 Foundation*
- Any designation for the items above would be considered an asset
- Inspire others by communicating with confidence and adapt to your audience both orally and in writing
- Stay updated on the industry and own area of expertise
- Ability to solve problems creatively
- Use analytical skills
- Embrace a team mindset: develop collaborative relationships with others
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Working knowledge of ITIL 2011
- IP routing protocols
- Multiprotocol label switching (Cisco or Nokia)
- Ethernet switching (Cisco access and Nexus)
- Quality of service (Cisco or Nokia)
- Firewalls (Juniper or Palo Alto)
Decision Making and Impacts
The incumbent is responsible for making technical decisions when the configuration is being implemented and when solving production problems.
Level of Interaction/Influence
The incumbent interacts with all infrastructure and application teams and conducts a formal review of issues and unresolved incidents with key suppliers when necessary.
Employees Supervised/Org. Structure
No supervisory responsibilities
CN is an employment equity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please monitor your email on a regular basis, as communication is primarily made through email.