Boston Pizza is looking for a full time/part-time (LINE COOK or PREP COOK )
that is passionate about the Food and Beverage, Hospitality and Food Service industry. Reporting to the Kitchen Manager and/or Executive Chef, Cook is an integral part of the back of house staff, responsible for the assembly, cooking, plating, and garnishing of all food products according to Boston Pizza specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that meals are prepared in a timely manner in accordance with Boston Pizza recipes and assembly manuals and charts.
- Ensure that all products received via delivery meet Boston Pizza specification, that the invoicing is correct in respect to quantity and quality.
- Prepare and follow a daily prep sheet to indicate levels on hand and amounts required.
- Clean and organize the kitchen at all times. Follow all required checklists and cleaning schedules during and following his/her shift.
- Assure the proper care and maintenance of all foodservice equipment; identify equipment needs for food preparation and service.
- Ensure food quality by maintaining high levels of cleanliness, organization, storage, and sanitation of food products.
- Maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the restaurant with all full time and part-time staff.
- May assist the dishwasher to maintain a clean kitchen.
- Other duties as required.
Skills Required and Experience:
- Passion for the kitchen and for producing a great product every day.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays.
- Customer service skills – able to exceed guest expectations with food preparation.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must work well within a restaurant team culture.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have a strong initiative.
- A positive and team-oriented attitude.
- You must be able to perform efficiently during high volume peak periods.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Culinary: 1 year (Preferred)
- line cook: 1 year (Preferred)