Housekeeping Attendant, RPT
Regular Part Time (RPT)
8 hours, Nights
Current Rate of Pay:
Min $22.82 - Max $23.40
July 12, 2022 @ 12:00PM
July 19, 2022 @ 12:00PM
shifts (2300-0700 or 2400-0800), approximately 6 shifts per pay, with ability to pick-up more.
The Housekeeping Attendant performs a variety of housekeeping duties in order to contribute to the cleanliness and safety of the facility for patients and staff. This includes cleaning of all surfaces and equipment in patient rooms, and providing floor care, waste removal and delivery and pick-up of linen in accordance with PIDAC (Provincial Infectious Disease Advisory Committee) cleaning standards. Housekeeping staff are also responsible for cleaning of non-patient care areas, including support departments, public washrooms, corridors, stairwells, entrance ways, meeting rooms and offices. Other duties include maintenance of Lost and Found, storage areas and room set-ups.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Completion or willingness to complete Best Practices for Environmental Cleaning eLearning Course
- Basic computer skills for use with email, incident reporting, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and to make independent decisions and establish priorities based on hospital wide needs each shift and to adjust to changes in a fast-paced, varied work routine
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, including Emergency Response Code Red, Code Brown, etc.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods, as well as the ability to lift, stoop, bend, push and climb a ladder up to 12 feet
- Excellent hand/eye coordination skills to navigate busy hospital environment
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service when interacting with patients, families, colleagues and physicians
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully as the on-shift Responsible Person (RP)
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of all housekeeping job routines, policies and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to assist with staff training and act as a liaison with other hospital departments
Location: 115 Delhi St.
N1E 4J4, Guelph, ON
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $22.82-$23.40 per hour