Who we are:
Alexander Dennis Canada Inc. is the world's largest double decker bus manufacturer with over 120 years experience in bus and coach design and manufacture. Alexander Dennis has extensive global experience in vehicle supply and support across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America. Our vision is to be recognized as a world leader in the provision of buses, coaches and support services. We will achieve this through our products, which will be the most reliable, our people who will be customer focused, passionate and committed to excellence and our services which will be world class.
What you'll do:
- Diagnose and assist in the repair of Mechanical, Electrical and Body related faults
- Provide after sales support to customers with Alexander Dennis products
- Supervise and support warranty repairs and campaign modifications
- Coordinate repairs with other Field Service Technicians, contractors, suppliers and agents
- Identify and report reliability, performance and maintenance issues that affect customer perception of the ADL product
- Provide regular communication to customers on the progress of repairs
- Complete work records and timesheets for all warranty repairs including parts used
- Provide product familiarization and technical training to customers maintenance staff and parts personnel
- Fast track issues of high customer concerns to the manager
- Train and provide technical advice on deep diagnostics and repairs on latest generation vehicles
- Provide strong customer satisfaction by ensuring vehicles are promptly returned to service
- Works as part of a team following company guidelines and health and safety policies
What we're looking for:
- A certified and licensed 310T or Red Seal Equivalent Mechanic with a minimum of 3-5 years experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with vehicle maintenance procedures and operation.
- A high level of electrical knowledge and experience, coupled with strong fault diagnostic capabilities
- A valid Driving License and ideally hold a current PCV or Commercial Driving License
- A good level of computer literacy is required to operate laptop diagnostic equipment.
- As the position will be “field based” the successful applicant will need to be self-motivated and able to communicate with customers and colleagues at all levels in a professional manner.
- A good understanding of modern diesel technology, braking systems including anti-lock, automatic gearboxes, multiplex electrics using J1939 protocol and the principles of electricity.
- Ability to identify and describe the function of electrical components, read circuit diagrams
- Must have own tools and a valid passport
- Dependable, Punctual and reliable
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Alexander Dennis Canada Inc. offers a competitive pay and benefits program.