- To work in collaboration and partnership assisting other members of the health care team to maintain efficient functioning of the unit and to help ensure the provision of safe patient care.
- To anticipate the needs of the current shift as well as subsequent shifts to follow in order to support other members of the health care team in the care of patients.
- Encourage and espouse the qualities of a team player.
- Utilizing caring communication skills to interact with patients, families, co-workers and the public.
- Promoting a positive image that instills patients and public confidence in the care provided.
- Accurately receiving and relaying information to the appropriate person.
Demonstrates competency in required skills by:
- Utilizing acquired knowledge and proficiency in the completion of tasks, in an organized and timely manner.
- Completing responsibilities in an organized manner and in accordance with departmental priorities.
- Accurately recording data as assigned.
- Adapting to changes in work assignments as required.
· Extensive computer competency in Microsoft Office applications and Meditech
· Customer Service skills
· Conflict resolutions skills
· Time Management skills
· Knowledge of, and willingness to support, the Values of St. Joseph’s General Hospital Elliot Lake
· Demonstrated ability to effectively liaise with Physician groups to ensure optimal patient flow
· Demonstrated ability to assist with patient navigation
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to prioritize and manage high volume workload
· Secondary School Diploma
· Successful completion of a recognized college Office Administration diploma program or an
equivalent combination of education and experience
· Medical Terminology course
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.85 to $23.56 /hour
- Administration in a Health Care setting: 1 year (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)