If you know Python, Perl, or Tcl you've probably heard of ActiveState's language distros. Now we're building an ambitious language distribution platform and set of tools so that coders can focus on coding and spend less time worrying about dependency hell, third party vulnerabilities, and inconsistent developer environments. We're doing this for every language and platform on the planet (and beyond). We need your help to do it!
This position is for Vancouver, BC only.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Your primary goal is to raise the bar in how we manage IT and help develop scalable processes and practices that support a growing company. Your secondary goal will be to maintain certain key internal services and provide occasional desktop support for a company that by and large is very self sufficient:
- Full cycle IT procurement: vendor selection, business case development as required, negotiating contracts, managing renewals and procuring hardware/software
- Support departmental VPs in budgeting and forecasting processes by obtaining hardware/software quotes as required
- Develop and maintain vendor relations
- Asset management including tagging, tracking, auditing and disposition
- License management including cost management, tracking and compliance
- Security policy maintenance and enforcement
- Maintain documentation of IT procedures and configurations
- Support procurement and approval workflow processes
- Strive for continuous improvement of the IT processes and practices
- Maintain servers and system backups
- Office Network Support: Desktop, Printers and Meeting room support
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Working for a stable and growing company that offers the environment and personal growth potential of a start-up.
- The chance to work with a smart, passionate team of people.
- Competitive salary, bonus, and stock option plan.
- Comprehensive benefits package and health/wellness credit program.
- Experience with IT Purchasing and Procurement
- Desktop support 3+ years
- IP Networking
- Familiarity with at least 2 OS (Linux, macOS, Windows)
If you have experience with any of the following please make sure to highlight it in your cover letter:
- Experience in contract negotiation
- Experience with asset and license tracking and auditing
- Experience with budgeting and business case development
- AWS experience, particularly with managing tagged resources
- Salesforce management
- Any ERP Experience
- SaaS Contract Management Systems
- Asset Management Systems
- Licence Management Systems
WORKING AT ACTIVESTATE
ActiveState has a collaborative, respectful, and professional culture. We're all about working together to find the best solutions, and making sure that the experience of doing so is positive for everyone involved. There is a commitment from the CEO on down to making work at ActiveState a great experience for all.
Our company is a team of 40+ and growing, with 2/3rds of the positions in technical roles. We maintain a set of core, overlapping hours, but we're flexible with specific start and end times and are understanding about appointments and life events.
Our vision is to have an ActiveState solution on every device on every planet, so we certainly don't lack for ambition! But even though we're ambitious we don't expect work to become your life. We know you will do your best work in a positive environment free from death marches. For more about working at ActiveState and our Glassdoor rating go to www.activestate.com/careers ( http://www.activestate.com/careers ).
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your contact info, resume, and a cover letter below. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered. We look forward to hearing from you!
We are committed to creating a welcoming environment for everyone at ActiveState and we welcome applicants from all walks of life.
Even if you don't feel you meet every exact requirement, we still would love to hear from you and why you think you would be an awesome addition to our team and we encourage you to apply.