About DDS Wireless
DDS is a global company providing scheduling and dispatch solutions to taxi and transit customers. We lead the market in Taxi and Paratransit solutions with a significant market share in both Taxi and Transit. Today, our most significant market share is in North America, while our EMEA operations have the fastest growth. DDS Wireless believes that the transit industry is about to change rapidly, with different modes of transportation coming together into a multi-modal solution. With a strong presence in both Taxi and Transit markets, we are ideally positioned to lead the market in realizing the potential of multi-modal transportation.
Customer focused global leader in intelligent wireless solutions to optimize transportation.
Grow through relentless customer focus by continuously innovating products and services through disciplined exceptional execution with highly skilled staff.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager, Quality Assurance, you will achieve project objectives by focusing on testing solutions for encapsulating human scheduling and dispatching strategies with high fidelity to solve large-scale, combinatorically explosive transit problems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and test products that meet user expectations. Automate acceptance tests by leveraging coding skills.
- Understanding micro-service architectural framework that facilitates extension of the overall system with new services with clearly defined interfaces.
- Learn the transit process and work closely with senior software developers in a team.
- Plan and document testing and for a given area or service.
- Organize and manage
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Experience in the following technologies:
- 3 years: Experience with commercial testing tools: Selenium, JIRA, TM4J or other tools
- 3 years: Testing RESTful APIs that are stateless and scalable
- 3 years: Software Development tools based on Atlassian Jira and Agile methods
- 3 years: Relational and non-relational NoSQL) databases
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and BitBucket or GitHub.
- Disciplined approach to writing and quality assurance.
- Understanding of core CS concepts such as: common data structures and algorithms, profiling/optimization.
- Excellent documentation, communication, and technical writing skills required.
- Ability to work well with Product Management teams
- Ability to work well with others - teamwork, cooperation, respect, and integrity, and excellent communication.
- Ability to logically document and solve problems and to keep projects moving.
- Must be a self-motivated, organized and strong communicator.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Understand and respond to a diverse population.
- Demonstrated commitment to confidentiality.
- Proven history of programming in Linux and Windows environments is required.
- Experience with Docker and AWS a plus
- Test automation in Java a plus.
- Knowledge of Kafka stream-processing software platform and experience with cloud technologies is an asset.
You are a team player that enjoys a challenge and has excellent communication skills. If you are excited about the variety, challenge and scope of this role as well as about the opportunity to advance your career within the DDS group of companies, we want to hear from you.