Job Number: 79819
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Hamilton General Hospital
Status: Regular Part-time
Hours per week: 0.01
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: ONA Local 70
Minimum Salary: 33.2300 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 47.5700
Post Date: Jan 22, 2020, 5:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Ongoing
The Cardiac Arrhythmia Unit serves the Central-South region of Ontario and is compromised of two procedure rooms, a Reception/Recovery area and an outpatient Device Clinic. The interdisciplinary team includes cardiologists, clinical fellows, critical care nurses, CV Technicians, medical radiation technologists, nurse clinicians, and a clinical nurse specialist. Interventions include elective, urgent and emergent diagnostic and interventional cardiology procedures, such as cardiac ablations, implants of permanent pacemakers and implantable cardio defibrillators (ICDs) and left atrial appendage closure.
As a member of the healthcare team, the Registered Nurse coordinates and evaluates patient care, and provides nursing care according to the CAU job description, standards of practice for Registered Nurses and the core values at Hamilton Health Sciences.
Schedule Work Hours
Monday to Friday; days and evenings
1. Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse
2. Current ACLS certification
4. Current experience in peri-operative nursing or Critical Practice Orientation (CPO) trained, as assisting with the insertion of arrhythmia devices and conscious sedation administration is required.
5. Recent two years’ experience (within the last two years) in and successful completion of ECG interpretation/treatment, IV access, venipuncture, defibrillation and pacemakers
6. Strong demonstrated clinical background with respect to the knowledge, skill and judgement related to EP nursing, cardiac care and the technical aspects of the EP Lab
7. Demonstrated strong knowledge base of hospital resources, policy and procedure, RHPA, EPS and peri-operative nursing standards of practice
8. Demonstrated commitment to quality patient care
9. Ability to wear a lead apron for extended periods
10. Demonstrated communication, mentoring, team building, organizational and leadership skills
11. Ability to identify, support and present change in a positive manner
12. Evidence of commitment to professional practice and lifelong learning
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement