Edick and Sons Landscaping is looking for talented, motivated individuals to join their team for this upcoming season. The company is well established and has a 68 year history of providing outstanding landscaping services to clients in the Mississauga, Oakville and Toronto area. We value a strong work ethic and a positive attitude along with a desire to grow with the company.
Job Title: Landscape Maintenance Foreman
Position Start Date: We are offering year round employment starting in March 2018 with compensation to commensurate with experience.
Salary: Top Rates Offered based on experience, enthusiasm and work ethic
Number of Positions: 4
- Manage the execution of maintenance, planning labour requirements, equipment requirements and to ensure completion of job(s) within project deadlines.
- Cutting and trimming grass, raking, and fertilizing
- Completing fall and spring garden clean-ups.
- Weeding and cultivating gardens, pruning shrubs and trees.
- Installing soil and mulch into planting beds, spreading top soil, laying sod, planting flowers, grass, shrubs and trees.
- Handle, transport and install nursery stock.
- Performing various other duties to assist in maintenance and construction of landscapes as directed.
- Operate various tools and equipment including: blowers, hedge trimmers, pruning equipment, lawn mowers and line trimmers.
- Read and fill in required information on all work logs, time sheets and schedules.
- Be enthusiastic and a team leader
- Valid ‘G’ driver’s license with a clean driving record and reliable transportation
- Horticulture diploma/degree or landscape technician education preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of plants and proper tree/shrub planting practices
- Minimum 2 year landscaping experience.
- Knowledge of plant material preferred.
- Ability to work outside in various conditions including heat, humidity, rain, snow and cold
- Ability to work up to 10+ hours a day including weekend work.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please apply through indeed.ca and specify which position(s) you are applying to. Due to the volume of resumes submitted, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of landscaping experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: G C?
- Are you in Mississauga, ON?
- Have you completed the following level of education: High school or equivalent?
- Do you speak English?
Job Type: Full-time
- landscaping: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)