- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years experience in building web applications with frameworks.
- 2+ years of experience with common front-end technologies, such as React, Angular, Webpack, Babel, and Grunt
- 2+ years of experience of front-end test frameworks such as Cypress, Mocha, Jasmine
- A solid grasp of fundamental algorithms and applications
Front-End Engineer – AWS IoT Device Software Team
Interested in working on a new product offering for industrial customers?
The AWS Internet of Things (IoT) Device Software team is seeking a Senior Front-End Engineer to join our team for a brand-new initiative to provide functionality needed by industrial customers to operate and manage their industrial IoT workloads. Imagine a world where connected devices and their data are ubiquitous. There will be 50 billion connected devices in 2020, and any powered device can become connected. What problems would you solve if you knew the state of everything in the world? Would you improve crop yields and fight hunger, enable fleets of autonomous electric vehicles to replace cars, save lives with medical equipment that orders a repair for itself, or make every home a smart home? Software development engineers on the AWS IoT Applications Team are enabling customers to build this connected future.
If you are fascinated by the endless possibilities unlocked when the power of cloud and ubiquitous connected devices are combined – from interactive smart buildings, autonomous mines, self-monitoring medical devices, precision agriculture and more, we have the right role for you.
You are customer-focused with a passion for the cloud and the edge and for the business and technology impacts that IoT represents. We’re truly an agile shop: we work closely with customers, deliver features with high frequency, can pivot on a dime when needed. We are looking for software development leaders who share our vision for continuously improving the customer experience, who are motivated by challenging problems in distributed systems, algorithms and who love writing great code.
As a software engineer on the team:
- You will contribute to technical strategies, vision, and architecture
- You will design and build software that is highly available, performant, scalable, and extensible
- You will own the software development process end to end and be responsible for design, implementation, testing and operations
- You will build new user experiences
- You will work as a part of 2 pizza team (6-10 people) in a multi-disciplinary environment with product managers, software development engineers, system engineers, front-end engineers, design technologists and UX designers.
This opportunity is suited for highly motivated and talented software engineers who want to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth while defining and driving a new customer experience for AWS IoT Applications. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, want to see a direct impact on real customer use cases, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
- Passion for creating efficient, scalable, highly usable web interfaces
- Excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building compelling web applications and UI
- Work well in teams, respecting and welcoming ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
- Design expertise and experience with UI and workflow prototyping tools
- Strong web development experience for 3rd party developer use or console work
- Ability to convert a design document into a working user interface with no loss in fidelity
- Knowledge of usability principles, cross-browser compatibility, and HTML document architecture
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation