Westminster House is currently hiring casual Recreation Aides.
PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING: All seniors residences are currently under the Provincial Health Officer's Single Site Order, which restricts employees to working in only 1 seniors' care home. NOTE: If you were to be hired and currently work for a seniors' care home, you would have to resign from your current employer, or be put on a leave of absence. You would be required to sign a declaration that you understand the Single Site Order. Normal rate of pay is $19.76 per hour however as long as the Single Site Order is in place the rate will be $24.54 per hour.
Westminster House Seniors Community is currently recruiting for a casual (on call) Recreation Assistant. This position also involves driving our bus to take residents on outings, and therefore a Class 4 drivers license is required (or you are willing to obtain it within 3 months of hire).
We are looking for caring individuals who can work effectively and compassionately with seniors of varying degrees of physical and cognitive abilities in long term care.
Reporting to the Recreation Manager, the Recreation Assistant participates in planning and implementing a variety of recreation and leisure programs to meet the physical, social, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual needs of residents.
- Completion of a recognized Therapeutic Recreation program for seniors, or
- One year of related experience working in a long-term care facility
- Must have a Valid class 4 license. Confident and proficient operating a 20-passenger diesel bus.
- Current First Aid / CPR
- Food Safe Certificate
- Experience working with individuals with dementia
- This position is not suitable for Care Aides
· Effective communicator with residents and staff (verbal and in written)
· Interact with others effectively, with dignity and compassion
· Assist, encourage and motivate residents to participate in programs, assist in transporting residents to and from some activities
· Lead and participate as an effective member of a team
· Computer knowledge for records documentation and program preparation
· Provide assistance, guidance & support to volunteers
· Physically able to carry out the duties of position
· Operate related equipment
Availability: days, evenings or weekends.
Start date: asap
Thank you for your interest in Westminster House. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 2020-10-30
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $24.54 per hour
We are complying with all Provincial Health Office procedures. Long term care employees are restricted to working in only one care home under the Single Site Order. All PPE equipment is provided and temperature checks are taken daily.