Extendicare recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, patients, team members and visitors from COVID-19. As such, subject to medical exemptions, a condition of employment with Extendicare is requiring that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
LAUNDRY AIDE (Casual) – Extendicare Viking
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 operated senior care and living centres, as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 individuals are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada.
Candidates are invited to apply for the below positions to work at our home, 60-bed Long-Term Care Home in Viking, Alberta. ·
Reporting to the Support Services Supervisor, the Laundry Aide collects receives, washers, dries and folds linens and hangs personal clothing, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Collects/receives laundry and sorts according to established protocol. Follows specific instructions for handling of soiled linens. Separates loads according to classification.
- Washes and dries laundry following instructions for machine operations, designated washing and drying times, etc. Sorts personal clothing and hangs for distribution as per facility process. Folds laundry as required, prepares unit linen carts for each unit/ shift for pickup by HCA's.
- Labels and documents all personal clothing received
- Observes operation of machines and reports malfunctions to Supervisor. Assists in maintaining laundry facilities, equipment and supplies. Advises Supervisor of inventory levels of chemicals and linen shortages.
- Adheres to established department policies, procedures regarding quality assurance, fire safety, environment and infection control.
- Participates in facility meetings as assigned.
- Completes all mandatory education programs on Surge Learning and Safety 24/7
- other duties as required throughout the facility
- Frequent standing, walking, squatting, reaching and lifting of heavy soiled linens but in controlled amounts or with assistance.
- Basic understanding of washer and dryer operations and some knowledge of chemicals used in process preferred.
- Ability to work safely, following established safety practices and procedures.
- Ability to read and write English and to follow instructions in English.
- Ability to do moderate to heavy lifting
CLOSING DATE: Sept 31st, 2021
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted