Does playing with computers excites you? Then you may be the right fit for this role.
Job Role: Network Engineer
Job Location: On-site, Cambridge, Ontario
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
We are looking to engage an experienced network engineer to manage and maintain our clients company’s enterprise network. As a network engineer, you will be responsible for researching, designing, and implementing improvements to our client’s network as well as handling advanced support issues and mentoring junior staff. Ultimately, you will be a key member of a team that is responsible for the functional management of our client’s network and the resolution of network issues.
- Design and deploy and support our client’s enterprise network (LAN, WLAN, WAN, Wireless).
- Configure, install, and manage routers, switches, firewalls, and other network devices.
- Monitor network performance and integrity.
- Mentor team members on technical issues
- Maintain complete technical documentation.
- Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity, and scalability
- Cisco switch administration: 5 years +
- Cisco router administration: 5 years +
- Cisco wireless administration: 3 years +
- Palo Alto firewall: 3 years +
Requirements and Skills:
- Professional certification (e.g., CCNP, CCIE).
- Solid background in network administration and architecture.
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols (TCP/IP) and routing protocols (BGP, OSPF)
- Network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools.
- Cisco Nexus and Catalyst Switches
- Cisco wireless controllers and access points.
- In-depth understanding of network operating systems (Cisco IOS, PAN-OS).
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: $60.00-$70.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Work from home
- Cisco Switch administration: 5 years (preferred)
- cisco Router administration: 5 years (preferred)
- Cisco wireless administration: 3 years (preferred)
- CCNP or CCIE certification (required)
Application deadline: 2022-08-20