A well-established transport company is looking for a talented individual to fill the role of Dispatch Operations Clerk to work evenings and weekends!
The DispatchOperationsClerk role will plan, schedule and dispatch operators and equipment for the conveyance of materials and freight to various points in Canada and the United States. To plan/dispatch efficiently, keeping empty miles and unnecessary cost to a minimum while keeping customer requirements, equipment utilization and safety at the forefront. To conduct all tasks according to established health and safety policies and procedures.
- Benefit packages available
- Opportunity for growth
- Follow processes and procedures for effective planning (plan personnel and equipment according to fairness, proximity and equipment type and maximize utilization).
- Promote safety, service excellence and teamwork amongst co-workers and drivers. Ensure that operator’s skill support movement of the load (i.e. hazmat, reefer, FAST).
- Have a complete a thorough knowledge of legal demands hours of service, weight restrictions, customs clearance.
- Work closely with Customer Service to keep trailer banks at desired level and to schedule/reschedule delivery appointments as required.
- Participate in daily huddles for operational planning purposes and provide continuous improvement suggestions for the team.
- Ensure accurate and timely load requirements are conveyed to operations and coordinate load securement devices (load bars, logistics bars, straps).
- Support drivers in the movement of goods.
- Exhibit the following qualities of an effective dispatcher at all times: pride, accountability, professionalism, confidence, rapport, loyalty, resourcefulness, enthusiasm, commitment, good attitude, reliability, ethical and integrity.
- High school diploma
- Excellent geographical knowledge
- Good customer relation and communication skills
- Excellent computer keyboarding skills
- Problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask effectively
- Ability to work as a team member or independently
- Consider the mental and physical effort as well as workplace conditions and possible hazards that come with this nature of the job.
- College diploma
- Previous transportation sector experience
- Experience in a fast-paced, high volume customer service environment
Job Type: Full-time