Labourer – Seasonal position (end date November 1st, 2022)
McIntyre Creek Cannabis Inc.– Okanagan Falls, BC.
McIntyre Creek Cannabis Inc. (MCCI) is an integrated cannabis company with an industry-leading reputation for cultivation of high quality cannabis at one of the lowest costs of production in the industry.
Through our divisions and wholly owned subsidiaries, strategic investments, and global partnerships, MCCI provides a wide range of premium quality organic cannabis and services, develops innovative technologies, promotes cannabis consumer health and wellness, and delivers an exceptional customer experience across all its brands.
Reporting to the Site Manager this person will be assisting in a variety of tasks related to our cultivation and agricultural activities, more specifically defoliating and harvesting.
Job Location: Okanagan Falls, British Columbia
Required experience: 1+ years preferred but not required
Completes tasks assigned by the Master Grower and Site Manager or their designate to assist with plant maintenance and harvest.
· Working outdoors on a cannabis farm, in all weather (hot, humid, rain, cold). Including but not limited to defoliating, bucking, trimming, weighing and packaging of Cannabis.
· Assist with all aspects of field work in an efficient and effective manner
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs at a time
· Punctuality is a must
· Report to Team Leads and follow daily instruction
· Having a safety-conscious mind
· Ability to follow strict Standard Operating Procedures and Health Canada Regulations
· Bringing a positive, can-do attitude to work.
· Ability to perform physical tasks required for a 10+ hour shift period, including but not limited to: standing, walking, bending/reaching (repetitive), pushing/pulling, lifting, and squatting.
· Ability to work in environments with warm temperature and high humidity, and variable lighting (from very bright to dark)
· Ability to wear assigned Personal Protective Equipment including, but not limited to medical gloves, safety eyewear, face masks and hair/beard nets
· Ability to frequently work with cleaning products including, but not limited to, Green Clean and Isopropyl Alcohol
· This position will involve significant exposure to cannabis/plant materials and is therefore not likely suitable for anyone that may suffer from allergies to cannabis or plant pollen, or for anyone that experiences medical issues such as asthma or hay fever as a result of exposure to cannabis/plant materials
Compensation, Benefits and Hours:
· Compensation - $20/hr, plus harvest bonuses.
· This position is not eligible for benefits.
· This position is not eligible for overtime.
· As this is a temporary position specifically for support during our harvest season, you are required to be available, and working during peak harvest season where hours of operation can vary through out Monday – Sunday, day and night. Hours of work will be discussed with your manager prior to.
Job Type: Seasonal
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Oliver, BC V0H 1T0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Expected start date: 2022-10-03