Dependable Truck & Tank Limited was founded in 1975 and is a family operated business. Our innovative design and engineering concepts allow us to manufacture cargo tanks, trailers and emergency vehicles to our client’s specifications. We custom build fire trucks across Canada and Internationally.
We are looking for a Truck Mechanic-Fire Emergency Vehicles
Under the supervision of Maintenance Supervisor, the successful candidate must be able to perform quality mechanical and electrical repairs on Fire Emergency Vehicles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be able to read electrical schematics
- Must have experience in the use of lap top computers to diagnose electrical and electronic system faults
- Must be proficient in the use of electronic diagnostic readers
- Must be able to able to meet reasonable time expectancy in performing assigned duties
- Work independently with minimum supervision
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Qualification (310T- Truck and Coach) trade licences from the Ontario College of Trades.
- 310S – Automotive Service Technician trade licence is an asset.
- Experience with electrical, hydraulics, welding, fire pumps, preventative maintenance, heavy truck breaks, diesel engines, diagnostics.
- Additional courses in the mechanic’s trade will be an asset.
- Familiarity with computerized work orders preferred.
- Must have a valid G Driver’s License; D or C Ontario Driver’s License.
- Must have green patch CSA approved safety boots.
- Knowledge of the O.H. & S. Act and Regulations, including WHMIS.
Full time, Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Competitive salary
Deadline to apply: March 10, 2019
Job Type: Full-time