MOBIA Technology Innovations is a Systems Integration company with multiple business unit areas: Business Process Optimization, Managed Services, Infrastructure Solutions, Cybersecurity and Digital Transformation Services. Working with Service Providers, Government, Healthcare, and Enterprises across Canada, MOBIA has developed strategic business relationships with industry leading technology partners to help our customers achieve positive business outcomes.
MOBIA is currently recruiting a Senior Service Desk Analyst to join our team in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. The senior service desk analyst, system administrator spans a wide range of support activities to ensure proper configuration and functioning of servers and desktop computers, and connectivity between systems. Extensive interaction with people is involved; therefore, sound customer service principles must be applied while fulfilling the technical duties.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
Experience and skills required:
- Providing support to both Wintel and Linux based systems for both internal and external customers.
- Provide Tier 2 End-user system support for the internal staff, including on-site and remote desktop support. Provide assistance and computing support for external, managed services customers.
- Provide server support and maintenance for both Wintel and Linux environments. Including basic server setup, storage / SAN support, monitoring, maintenance, patching and general support.
- Provide network support and maintenance across various networking devices through the internal LAN, WAN and external client sites. Basic management, updates, reporting and general network support.
- Build, configure and troubleshoot software and hardware enhancements, and infrastructure upgrades.
- Perform and troubleshoot application installations/deployments and upgrades with new releases.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to ensure end-users equipment, servers, networked equipment, and research equipment are in working order.
- Work with standard service desk processes and best practices to update and maintain documentation, support tickets, logs and other regular administrative and procedural activities.
- providing high-level support and will overlap with some duties of other IT support staff: troubleshoot and resolve problems with servers, personal computers, workstations, laptops, peripherals, and/or network systems etc.; perform hardware and software installation, configuration, upgrades and enhancements
- Other special duties as assigned
- 3+ years of desktop support and system administration experience
- Experience with support and administration of traditional office applications, such as: MS Office, Office 365, Trend AV
- Experience with traditional IT support tools and systems like; SolarWinds, remote desktop, ticketing systems and monitoring and logging tools
- Previous experience with the setup and maintenance of public cloud technologies like AWS, Azure – especially Azure and Office 365.
- Experience with Windows and Linux environments as well as traditional infrastructure like HPE, Aruba, Cisco, Dell, Nutanix etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good presentation skills and the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical personnel
- Professional certifications (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA). ITIL, CompTIA etc.) a plus
MOBIA continuously strives to build an amazing place to work. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including an employer supported wellness plan, health, dental and life insurance coverage, company paid training, career development, and company events for fun and community contribution.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.