Partnerships & Client Services, Coordinator
The Recreation Association of the Public Service of Canada, or the RA Centre as it is more commonly referred to, is one of the largest private, not for profit, recreation, sport, fitness and hospitality clubs in Canada. The RA offers an extensive range of sports, recreation, fitness and leisure activities for individuals of all ages. It is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, and operated by highly qualified staff with support from numerous executive club volunteers. In addition to the recreation segment of the operation the RA features, a food and beverage service unit which operates a full service restaurant, a dining room, a range of conference rooms for catering to meetings, and banquets. The RA Centre has been in business for over 75 years and maintains a significantly large membership of approximately 22,000.
The RA Centre is seeking a dynamic, self-starter to assist in partnership development and servicing efforts. Reporting to the Manager, Partnerships & Client Services, the Partnerships & Client Services, Coordinator will have demonstrated an ability to build relationships both with internal service group team members and external partners, garnering commitment, loyalty and trust through your own work ethic and passion for high standards. You will ensure all RA partners are serviced and contractual requirements adhered all while in service of the RA mission and vision.
The Partnerships & Client Services, Coordinator supports and enhances relationships overseen by the Partnerships & Engagement team. The Coordinator will be primarily responsible for managing the relationship and marketing activations for the RA’s corporate partners. The candidate is a strong client services representative with great time management and communications skills. The Coordinator works creatively and effectively with team members and the larger RA service groups to ensure partners are serviced with their specific business needs.
- Manage all assigned partner relationships; execution of all contract deliverables ensuring partner expectations are exceeded.
- Develop and coordinate sponsor and client activation plans, including advertising, digital marketing, social media engagement, and event activations.
- Monitor and evaluate sponsor and client activation plans ensuring benefits and contractual obligations are fulfilled and prepare fulfillment reports for partners;
- Manage the completion of individual and team projects supporting the department’s sales and marketing plan.
- Actively engage in soliciting new sponsor and partnership opportunities, including research and identification of partnership opportunities, and the preparation and delivery of proposals
- Work with other departments to maximize cross-selling opportunities, develop new and existing properties and share new ideas.
- Coordinate special events and various other hosting initiatives.
- Attend meetings to review corporate partner fulfillment status, opportunities, new programs and promotions.
- Assist in social media efforts and contributing ideas for social engagement, including daily monitoring, posting, scheduling and reporting updates.
- Assist in the development of sponsor and partner related prospect lists and sales meetings.
- Assist in the research of and creation of proposals for new business plans, partnerships and grant applications.
- Attend and cover RA events to take pictures for social media and other publications.
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns for sponsors and clients, including creative brief development, liaison with RA partners, budget management, monitoring results, and preparing campaign reports;
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager, Director or Senior Management Team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree in marketing, business, communications, sports management or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in the sports industry, preferably in the areas of client service, marketing or promotions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, priorities and deadlines.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, techniques, and best practices related to sponsor relationship management including sales, strategy, servicing, and activation.
- Good understanding of available social media tools and platforms.
- Exceptional writing, communication and analytical skills;
- Ability to work well independently, and within a team.
- Be curious and enthusiastic about learning and professional development.
- Flexible and proactive in taking on assignments and responsibilities, and willingness to learn.
- Be creative and innovative in how to service client needs.
- Proven problem-solving skills and ability to be creative and flexible in bringing forth solutions;
Knowledge in these areas would be considered an asset:
- Understand marketing concepts, activating sponsorship and client service.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be well organized and demonstrate an ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to build and foster strong working relationships.
- Possess a high proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Written and verbal communication skills in both English and French.
- Ability to work some nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must have access to a car and a valid driver’s license.
Deadline for application: January 9, 2020
Job Type: Full-time