The Category Manager (Facial Skincare, Bath, Cosmetic Bags & Holiday, Imports/Domestics) designs, develops, and executes category and assortment strategies for medium-complexity categories, as determined by established sales, qualitative, and quantitative criteria, in partnership with cross-functional specialist teams that achieve profit and loss deliverables and sell the products customers want at unbeatable prices. #LI-FY1
1. Sales/Profit: Accountable for all aspects of profit and loss management and category financial results relating to specific categories including short and long-term planning. Proactive & reactive management to ensure forecasts, sales, gross profit, inventory and market share growth targets are met or exceeded, as well as communicating/reporting results to appropriate cross functional partners. Conduct post-buy financial analysis & Post Mortem/ROR with cross functional partners.
2. Strategy: Develop category, merchandising and marketing strategies that align with the merchant framework and portfolio strategies/financials through the use and review of multiple data sources. Conduct item level assortment analysis and determine assortment including coverage of needs analysis for priority sub-categories, vendor optimization, SKU optimization, private label strategy, visiting stores (both Walmart and competitors) to build category strategy and price ladders. Proactively communicate those strategies to leadership and their respective cross functional teams in order to allow for appropriate planning and execution for all teams.
3. Negotiations: Initiate, negotiate (e.g. Cost Analytics, Pay for Scan, etc.), and manage vendor agreements, costs, vendor allowances/terms, quality, and delivery terms in order to drive supplier performance. Develop and maintain vendor relationships both domestic and overseas.
4. Marketing: Responsible for all aspects of Marketing for the category. Tab space planning based on historical analysis of results. Working with vendors as well as internal partners responsible for Item level planning, selection, placement forecasting and execution for tabs, and all other media. Responsible for proofing of final tabs for accuracy as well as exit strategies for any tab residue.
5. Flow: Accountable for, in collaboration with Replenishment and Financial Planning, new item and promotional forecasts, identify item deletes, manage and communicate markdowns/markups/ price adjustments and develop exit strategies. Develop and/or recommend product flow plans to maximize availability at the lowest possible inventory levels.
6. Execution of Strategy: Prepare and lead all line reviews to ensure store ready modulars and seasonal sets are available on time. Colloborate with cross functional partners to make timely, quality, informed decisions, and actions. Conduct modular walk throughs with senior management from cross functional areas to receive sign off. Create store communication to ensure flawless execution at store level.
7. Innovate: Attend trade shows and buying trips in order to identify new vendors, enhance innovation and product categories that will influence item assortment, new item creation, pricing, while aligning to corporate strategy.
8. Lead: Provide coaching, and direction to Category Team Analyst and/or Associate Category Managers and/or Category Advisors (vendor). Mentor other merchants as required.
Canada Walmart Division
5-8 years minimum experience required
Licensing & Other Qualifications
Proven ability to deliver results including demonstrated P & L management skills
Broad retail experience including working knowledge of cross functional areas/processes and their inter-relationships.
Strong Customer Orientation
Results driven, strategic thinking and ability to influence others
Strong analytical, business and financial acumen
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.