Denny's Napanee at the Flying J is looking for a dynamic Assistant General Manager to add to our team..
This position is a full time salaried position with benefits, RRSP plan, Progressive Vacation time, Retail discount partners and a commitment to a work/life balance.
The Assistant General Manager will be responsible for supporting/assisting the General Manager in overall restaurant operations, execution and management of staff, controllable profit plan achievement, guest count growth, and sales building activities. Additional responsibilities include focus on employee selection, retention, continuous operational improvement, and a strong commitment to hospitality and guest satisfaction.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for the supervision of approximately 20 - 30 crew members and must have a strong commitment to guest satisfaction and Denny’s Core Values when interacting with others.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Ability to prepare and interpret financial and operational reports and schedules, analyze data and develop solutions to ensure operating goals are achieved
- Assists the General Manager by overseeing assigned shifts; monitors brand standards execution and adherence by directing hourly staff to achieve guest service standards in a clean and pleasant environment
- Assists in the achievement of controllable profit goals by monitoring controls and taking corrective action to achieve the desired result
- Develops and coaches hourly employees on brand standards, internal policies and procedures, and other guest focused programs/activities to meet or exceed guest service standards
- Works with the General Manager to attract, hire, onboard and retain the best hourly talent to meet staffing requirements and guest service standards
- Brings employee relations issues, deviations from brand standards, and other guest issues to the attention of the General Manager; recommends corrections and participates in their execution as required
- Works with the General Manager to develop hourly employees through corporate training programs, individual development plans, and system assignments
- Develops relationships with civic, business, school, and professional organizations to establish good community relations and increase guest counts
- Monitors to ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets
- Enforces sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen, dining areas and restrooms
Works to create and maintain an enjoyable and respectful environment for our guests and employees
- Maintains compliance with all Denny’s Brand Standards, to include all provincial, local and federal regulations
- Follows management cash handling, inventory and other operational procedures as outlined in Denny’s Brand Standards.
- All other tasks and duties as assigned
This role will be based in a restaurant environment where the ability to stand and walk during an 8 to 10 hour shift is required.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in restaurant or hospitality industry, additional operations and/or leadership experience strongly preferred · Strong organizational skills with excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization · Communicates effectively both orally and in writing in the English language · Must possess basic math skill (add, subtract, multiply, divide) · Places a value on diversity and shows respect for others · Proven ability to problem solve and handle high stress situations · Ability to interpret financial statements and understand contributing factors · Ability to identify and anticipate opportunities for improvement and implement corrective action steps · Ability to work weekends, holidays, evenings and additional shifts as needed · Available to travel, to include occasional overnight and airline travel when applicable · Licensed to operate an automobile without hours of operations restrictions · Must have reliable transportation in order to meet banking obligations
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Culinary: 1 year (Preferred)
- restaurant management: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)