- Take food and beverage orders from customers and ensure these are given to the appropriate person to execute (i.e. kitchen staff, bartender, etc.).
- Maintain familiarity with the composition of all menu items, including items available at the bar.
- Serve food and beverages in accordance with company standards, but above all in a professional, courteous manner.
- Clean designated areas, in accordance with company procedures, including opening and closing routines and following hygiene requirements.
- Change table linen as required and ensure dirty or damaged linen is not being used.
- Clean and refill condiment sets for each table.
- Ensure table decorations are clean and comply with company standards.
- Set tables to company policy, ensuring that all items used are clean, undamaged and in a good state of repair.
- Ensure storerooms are adequately stocked with replacement cutlery, linen or other established needs, be they food or equipment.
- Clean tables and ensure they are cleaned as soon as it is apparent that customers have finished their food or drink with an acceptable balance between speed, yet allowing customers to finish their meal without feeling rushed.
- Ensure that customers are correctly charged, present the bill and take payment from the customer, in accordance with the procedures of the establishment.
- At all times to be aware of and practice good customer service, assisting the guest in any way which does not adversely affect other customers.
- Attend to customer complaints satisfactorily.
- Be continually aware of and maintain the highest standards of personal hygiene and dress.
- Attend meetings and training courses as required.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Strong customer service experience.
- 2 years of restaurant service experience.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Professional appearance and manners.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Lifting or moving up to 20lbs may be required.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $13.00 /hour
- Server: 2 years (Preferred)