Our headquarters is located in Toronto, Ontario; Simply Smart Financial is a 100% Canadian owned and operated financial company. In this role, you'll get to know our business quickly, working with a diverse group of talented professionals in a dynamic environment. Here, your ideas will be heard and your potential will always be recognized. Join us, and you'll be part of a true team, collaborating with people who will help you build an exciting, solid career at Simply Smart Financial.
Reporting to the Credit and Collection Manager, the Escalation Specialist, will work directly with customers, providing support and conflict resolution with exceptional customer service skills.
- Collection of accounts that are past due 1 to 91 plus days, inbound and outbound.
- Deliver professional and consistent level of service at all times. Including handling each call promptly and in the correct manner remaining polite and tactful.
- Educate customers on the importance paying their monthly bills by the due date.
- Make effective use of tools, such as To Do lists, to manage tasks.
- Recommend solutions to departmental issues.
- Achieve set targets and call quality objectives.
- Negotiate payment terms and methods when the appropriate party is reached. Process requires review and understanding of customer account in database and probing consumer to better understand potential objection to payment.
- Overcome stalls, objections and suggest money resources.
- Co-ordinate with internal staff, including staff from the Sales and Customer Care Departments, to resolve collection issues, including, but not limited to changes in payment methods.
- Resolve Enbridge disputes by negotiating a resolution with customers and refunding payments only when required.
- Ensure that collection letters and other related correspondence are sent to customers on a timely basis.
- Document actions by entering notes on customer accounts.
- Recommend accounts for third party collections, legal and write-off.
- Escalate collection calls to customer service and management, as required.
- Pro-actively identify methods of improving collection efforts.
- Responsible for specific portfolio and communicating with a third party to maximize collection efforts.
- Upsell the consumer to other products, where possible. This requires agent to entice consumer to hear more about another product and then engaging a sales representative to complete the sale.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The above job description is subject to change according to the organization’s requirements.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent customer services skills and good problem-solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to convince customers to pay on past due balances.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to plan and manage follow up collection calls and ability to manager reporting on collection calls and activities.
- Strong attention to detail and very good written and verbal communications.
- Ability to be persuasive, persistent, self-motivated but also show empathy, assertiveness, tact and resilience.
- Add leadership qualities
- Add some positive attributes he needs to have
- 5 plus years of experience in direct customer contact.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and maintain accuracy.
- Good computer skills.
- Flexible to work shifts as per business requirement including evenings and weekends
- Calls returned (calls returned/calls received).
- Enbridge disputes – number resolved per month/beginning disputes per month
- Bucket balances.
- DSO ((receivables/revenues) x days in period).
- Calls made per day.
Job Type: Full-time