Riverside Millwork Group is a truly forward thinking group of companies with over 40 years of success in the building materials and millwork markets. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
Our company is in the business of delivering a richer and more personalized customer experience to builders, architects, general contractors and interior designers. Our package of millwork products includes interior and exterior wood doors, interior mouldings, door hardware, closet organizers and custom millwork, hardwood flooring, and millwork installations.
RMG is defined by the passion of its team and the belief that each day brings new opportunities for growth and success. In 2018, RMG was listed as one of Canada's Fastest Growing Companies (McLean's) with a five year revenue growth of 253%.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for managing the company’s material supply portfolio while following company guidelines and procedures. Procurement includes both regular stock inventory as well as all special-order purchases made on behalf of custom sales. The main objective of this role is to manage all commodity and finished product purchasing activities, while continuously striving to reduce product costs and maximize product margins. To be successfully in this role, the Purchasing Manager must have in-depth practical knowledge of ERP systems and be able to troubleshoot potential problems within the supply chain.
The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for effectively managing a team of 3-5 people, across all locations. There will be some travel associated with this position. Success in this role is described as ensuring that quality, cost effective products are available within the required timelines of each project, and to maintain optimum efficiency of purchased inventory at all times.
- Effectively manage and supervise a team of 3-5 on all purchasing tasks, ensuring a high level of quality and attention to detail
- Effectively manage employee relations within the purchasing department and provide timely administration of all relevant supervisory paperwork
- Perform all duties related to procurement of commodity doors, trim, door hardware, flooring, and finished products
- Negotiate pricing and quantities with vendors to provide a cost savings. Coordinate cross-company purchases to maximize volume discounts/rebates
- Act as the main point of contact for all commodity and finished product vendors to negotiate pricing, receive costing updates, request product samples, displays, brochures and catalogues
- Research and solicit new product lines from existing and new vendors and provide product knowledge training to staff for newly introduced products
- Create and implement inventory control measures from a purchasing standpoint, including min/max quantities and re-order quantities
- Continuously track inventory by performing cycle counts to mitigate back orders
- Participate and report on the annual physical inventory count at yearend
- Manage all product and vendor credit transactions, including organizing all returns due to inventory overage, incorrect product, and damaged or unacceptable quality products
- Oversee the coordination of paperwork required for product
- Report credits owed from vendors to accounting department prior to vendor payments being released
- Investigate discrepancies between invoices and purchase orders and request credits from vendors as applicable
- Maintain and control product price book, ensuring that all pricing is reviewed by senior management for acceptance of marketability
- Advise senior management and sales staff on customer specific pricing based on flexibility of costs/mark-ups, quantity orders, and customer relationships
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of regular reports of product margins, specifically compared to market trends and competitor pricing
- Quote all special-order products requested by sales staff, taking into consideration quantity orders and customer activity levels
- Respond to inquiries about ETA’s for special orders and communicate these to sales staff to inform customers as needed
- Optimize purchasing for Projects and arrange site deliveries and/or stock levels accordingly
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management
- Travel to London and Niagara locations as required
Required Skills, Education, and Competencies:
- 5+ years’ experience supervising a team
- 5+ years’ experience in a purchasing role
- Some travel required within South Western Ontario – a G license, Clean Driver’s Abstract and access to a reliable vehicle is mandatory
- Advanced knowledge of procurement best-practices
- Product knowledge
- Ability to make value judgements independently
- Experience with Microsoft Office software
- Attention to detail
- Ability to discern value and quality
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Comprehensive Group Insurance Plan, and health and dental benefits
- RRSP with Company matching
- Monthly Pizza Lunches
We thank you for your interest, but only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Riverside Millwork Group will provide individual accommodation where needed, keeping in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us to make your needs known. Thank you.
Job Type: Full-time
- Purchasing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Leadership: 5 years (Preferred)