Watson's Home Hardware is looking for a detailed oriented and self-motivated individual to join their fast paced, family owned business. Working primarily out of the Gorrie location, the Inventory Coordinator will be responsible for inventory management at all four locations while working alongside the Purchasing and Receiving department.
The Inventory Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Conducting physical inventory counts as required;
- Investigating unit variances and reporting back to the Owners on discrepancies;
- Assisting Purchasing and Receiving with data entry;
- Communicating with all departments on inventory related matters
- Working closely with Shipping and addressing any issues
- Providing input for continuous improvement of business processes and procedures
- Providing inventory reports as required
- Reporting on aging and slow-moving inventory and makes recommendations on how to improve inventory turns
- Maintains in-stock inventory levels and optimal inventory on warehouse stocked items by managing product cycles, vendor minimums, vendor lead times, truckload capacity and logistics schedules
The successful candidate will have:
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration, Inventory Management field, Supply Chain or equivalent related experience
- A minimum of two years' of related inventory management experience
- A valid Driver's license in good standing
- Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to continuously manage change in a fast paced, energetic work environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and efficiency and make recommendations
If you are interested in joining the Watson's team, please submit your resume by November 5th, 2019 at 5:00pm.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Watson's Home Hardware strives to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring an inclusive and accessible work environment. Watson's will make every effort to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation, please notify us upon scheduling your interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- Inventory Management: 2 years (Preferred)