The Care At Home Services LPN Case Manager provides professional and practice leadership and is responsible for ensuring the provision of quality client care in a home health environment. The position coordinates and manages the delivery of in-home care services and oversees the supervision of all front line staff.
- Directs and monitors delivery of client care services and day-to-day functions of direct reports in accordance with current regulatory guidelines and Care At Home Services policies, procedures and professional standards.
- Provides clinical and operational support with new business opportunities which may include direct marketing, referral meetings and marketing events.
- Works in partnership with leadership and front line staff to develop, implement and evaluate best practices in care.
- Plays a leadership role in quality activities and client care program.
- Leads the development and evaluation in relation to the assessment and management of clients/families requiring care.
- Assists with interviewing, staff development and growth.
- Provides service provider personnel with access to clinical advice, support and clinical reference resources.
- Assists in completing risk assessments, investigation and resolution of issues, incidents or injuries.
- Assists with the delivery of in-home care services as required such as wound care, post op assessment and catheter care
- Investigates all employee, family and client complaints/issues related to front line service delivery and involves other management personnel in preparation and execution of resolution plan as required.
- Ensures occupational health and safety policies, programs and activities are performed by all front line staff in compliance with Health and Safety policies and guidelines and Provincial Occupational Health and Safety standards.
- Experience in community health is an asset.
- Current LPN registration with province of British Columbia.
- Current practice of clinical skills essential
- Over 2-3 years supervisory skills. This includes having experience with decision making, coaching, and negotiation
- Familiarity with the quality management approach and commitment to customer service.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Current criminal background check will be requested.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to deal effectively with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Adept at written and oral communication with demonstrated respect and compassion when communicating with internal and external customers.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Demonstrated collaborative approach to successfully implement change initiatives;
- Excellent conflict resolution skills.
- A positive can-do attitude.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent and sometimes conflicting priorities in a demanding environment.
- Basic computer literacy with word processing, email applications, spreadsheets, and/or database programs.
Job Type: Part-time