The SQF Practitioner/HACCP Coordinator oversee the development, implementation, review, and maintenance of the Food Safety and SQF Systems in a very complex and diverse food environment. Other certifications like Kosher, VegeCert and Vegan including an intense allergen management program are part of the product portfolio.
Areas of Responsibility:
Review the existing SQF system, prerequisite program, and HACCP plans to validate and optimize the program.
Maintain the program by preparing for, hosting and scheduling Management reviews and Food safety team meetings.
Assist with compliance to the program by ensuring Calibrations, environmental monitoring and other scheduled tasks are completed on time, corrective actions taken, program improvements are documented, and work instructions updated.
Conducts Root Cause Analysis, initiates Corrective Actions for non-conformances and develops preventive measures
Assist with developing internal audit guides and doing internal and GMP audits.
Schedule and Participate in traceability exercises
Update HACCP plans and related documents with the introduction of new products and ingredients.
Act as liaison with customer and certification audits and assume responsibility for ensuring corrective actions.
Provides HACCP and SQF technical support, training and refresher training for Operations and new employees.
Assist with the maintenance and management of other certification like Kosher, VegeCert, Organic and Vegan.
- Degree in Food Science or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in food industry and Food Safety.
- Fully trained in HACCP, SFCA and SQF
- Certified SQF Practitioner preferred.
- Certified Internal or Lead Auditor.
- Extremely detail-oriented and analytical thinker.
- Highly motivated and self-directed capable of multi-tasking and able to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced production environment.
Job Type: Permanent