- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of Quality Assurance experience
- Experience in QA Strategy, Planning, Design and Execution
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous architecture
- Experience in test automation maintenance
Are you passionate about the Internet-of-Things, Smart-Home, or automating your life? Are you customer-obsessed and interested in inventing new experiences for Alexa? If so, the Alexa team is looking for a talented quality assurance engineer to help revolutionize our voice-forward experience on Alexa. Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers the groundbreaking Echo family of devices. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future.
Alexa Routines make it easy for customers to create customized automation experiences on Alexa, increasing the power of their interactions with Alexa devices. For example, at 6am every morning or when you say “good morning”, users could setup a routine to turn on their bedroom night lights, turn on their coffee maker and read news headlines.
We are looking for passionate and talented Quality Assurance Engineers to help develop test infrastructure and set up processes on improving the quality, diversity, and customer experience of Alexa Routines.
The ideal teammate is passionate about Alexa, and has a track record of success in delivering the highest quality products. A commitment to teamwork, knowledge of IoT systems, strong CS fundamentals, experience on devices test practices, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements.
As a QAE on the team, you will champion the quality of our features in our development pipeline using both automated and manual tests, reporting and verifying defects, and signing-off on features and release candidates. You will own authoring and the execution of test plans and test cases. You will have a significant impact on the quality and delivery speed of our software, our business, and most importantly our customers. You will work closely with developers, product managers, and other QA in order to ensure the features we deliver to our customers have a high level of quality. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to propose improvements to our existing processes and automated tools in order to improve the team’s speed, quality, and efficiency.
The possibilities are numerous in this space and we are constantly innovating and solving problems to add new triggers, and actions and other exciting features for our customers. The Alexa Routines team focuses on building large scale backend Amazon cloud services and frontend react native user mobile interfaces to invent in a rapidly growing ecosystem of IoT devices, voice user interfaces and Alexa skills.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about delivering experiences that delight customers and creating solutions that are robust. A commitment to team work and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a growth environment where priorities shift fast.
This position is located in Vancouver, BC.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and automation tools, with demonstrated QA experience in an SDET or QAE role.
- Strong organizational skills, demonstrated ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize results.
- Creativity and initiative to improve test coverage, effectiveness and test process .
- Experience in app/device testing.
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate impact and understand business requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- be able to write quality code in at least one high level language like Java, C# etc.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation