Every company has a story. Ours started by observing untapped space on the walls of our homes…and then turned into something so, so much bigger.
Having borne witness to “digital” reshaping every facet of our lives, we marvel at the possibilities and have dedicated years to the pursuit of a visual and auditory experience that goes way beyond our smart phones, tablets, and TVs. Since the invention of the motion picture, no one has created such captivating ways to enjoy content from an entirely different perspective… until now.
We’re the inventors of a new way for customers at home to experience digital stuff, and for brands at large to display their digital stuff (in really large format). What’s behind the transformative experiences we create through imagery you ask? It’s our technology platform.
At VIDERI, we build ground-breaking hardware, write state-of-the-art software, and curate (and create) something-for-everyone content. We’re changing the walls of places where we work, play, eat, shop, relax, and live.
Literally, and figuratively. It’s often said that products that challenge the status quo need to be seen to be believed. This is worth seeing.
About the role
A Videri’s technical project manager is an organized, knowledgeable and technically skilled (especially in software and electrical engineering) problem solver. The project team is distributed across multiple sites involving multiple disciplines.
As a self-starter, you will be expected to make quick, effective decisions and think outside the box. You will work closely with business managers and technical leads to understand project requirements and resolve project delivery ambiguities with the business manager, customer and project team. You will have to maintain precise and up-to-date project information, ensure fluid communication between all stakeholders and be responsible for providing precise, timely and relevant information – including raising red flags - to the management team. You will have to work closely with the technical teams to quickly identify critical path and risk items and put in place plans to deliver the right product in time and within budget. You will be the main pivot point to ensure proper transfer of information to the production partners once design and development phases are completed. You will identify problems before they become insurmountable and bring solutions to the various teams.
We are looking for a candidate that does not believe in impossible and is always looking for better solutions integrating technical, human and project management resources to deliver the highest quality products within budget and schedule; and can articulate his views to senior management.
The technical project manager, leads and coordinates all aspects of a project to ensure on-time delivery of a product of the highest quality that will exceed customer expectations, and within budget and is responsible for planning, delivery and management of hardware-based technology products from inception to production and life cycle support.
- Management of project processes and resources, including budget and schedules and resource allocation conflicts from design and development implementation, delivery and life cycle support;
- Understand each phase of the project and the precise requirements of each disciplines involved in the delivery of the final product including electronics engineering, software development, optical, mechanical and industrial design and production engineering;
- Ensure that all aspects of the project are properly delivered in accordance with Videri’s best practices including specification documents, progress reports, test plans, production package, installation package and life cycle package;
- Create and update workplans, schedules and reports regularly. Communicate clearly and concisely progress, obstacles and other events impacting ability to deliver according to schedule and propose solutions;
- Act as the “glue” that keeps the project together; able to diffuse conflict, problem solve and accommodate the best results for Videri and our clients ;
- Contribute to further develop and improve existing processes. Identify process gaps and implements process improvements to address them at the project level ;
- Plan and conduct meetings and presentations with confidence and professional communications ;
- Build strong collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate embodies a powerful mix of the following qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant PM experience with demonstrated track record managing projects using project management methodologies with primary focus on firmware, software and electronics product development
- Detailed oriented with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Personal integrity, holds self to the highest professional and ethical standards
- Self starter, detail oriented, creative problem solver and solution-focused thinker who can pro-actively communicate and lead in creative, business, and technical discussions, with demonstrated ability to think conceptually and drive solutions.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment while setting priorities for himself/herself and delegating to others
- A solid understanding of product design, technology and manufacturing processes for high-tech products including:
- Software development and integration
- Electrical engineering including power supply and analog circuit, PCBA and wireless RF design
- Industrial design and mechanical engineering
- Complex electromechanical integration including thermal management
- On-site installation of complex electro-opto-mechanical devices
- Flawless written and verbal English communication skills;
- Ability to work efficiently with partners in different time zones that may or may not be fluent in the English language (eg. Asian Contract Manufacturers). Travel to meet with customers in the USA and Europe and production and technology partners mostly located in Asia
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Nice to have:
- PMP certification
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical / electronics or mechatronics engineering. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for degree.
- Experience working in a start-up environment Self motivated in an entrepreneurial environment
- Proficient skills in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Atlassian’s JIRA and Confluence and Arena
- Practical knowledge of French, and/or Chinese (Mandarin) is an asset
- Ability to travel frequently to USA and Asia
- Great mentorship and start-up company culture
- Fun office space located near Metro Charlevoix and near the Lachine canal; our offices are open planned with large windows in Montreal’s biggest brick building
- Lots of fun team building events throughout the year
- Annual budget to be spent on learning and training
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and performance
- Medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Kitchen always stocked with coffee, snacks and drinks
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
If this speaks to you, please apply. Experience is transferable from many different skills and backgrounds, and your passion and enthusiasm are what will set you apart. We’re an open and inclusive organization dedicated to diversity and fair hiring practices.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Project Management: 3 years (Preferred)