A Cloud Administrator manages cloud tenants. They should be the interface with the support engineers and the cloud provider support. They deploy cloud applications based on deployment templates and DevOps processes and have deeper technical knowledge of the various cloud technologies (Networking, IaaS, PaaS, Security) than a support engineer. Cloud Administrators also manage the license assignments for cloud users across your various SaaS applications.
- Top Qualities: Problem Solving (69%), Highly Organized (41%), Integrity (28%)
- Previous Roles: IT Administrator (67%), Network Engineer (45%)
- Certifications: MCSA, MCSE (38%), MCITP (14%), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) (10%), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
Nice to have
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
- Strong foundation in system administration, including performing backups, upgrading and patching, performance tuning, monitoring, alerting, deployments, and disaster recovery.
- Understanding of infrastructure design, including public and private cloud, networking, virtualization, identity, security and storage.
- Experience deploying and managing the infrastructure for databases, such as SQL Server, Oracle, Maria, and Casandra.
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships business leaders, creating rich technical documentation, and following industry standards.
- Background in software license management.
- Analytical and process oriented, with a proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through.
- Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
Nice to have
Active Directory, Ansible, AWS, Azure, CentOS, Chef, Citrix, Confluence, Docker, Excel, firewalls, Jira, Microsoft
Project, MySQL, Node.js, Office 365, PostgreSQL, Puppet, ServiceNow, SharePoint, SQL Server, Visio, VMware
MCSA Cloud Platform, MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, CompTIA Security+, AWS Certified DevOps
Administrator, Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect
Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator (AZ-103)
- 3+ years of implementing and maintaining cloud monitoring systems and monitoring cloud services for errors and issues.
- 5+ years of setting up and deploying large software packages to cloud systems.
- 3+ years migrating on- Premises environments to cloud, virtual network deployments, and cloud security implementations using best practices.
- 3+ years of setting up and maintaining hybrid backup and restore systems.
- 5+ years of experience with scripting and DevOps for cloud.