Seeking an experienced housekeeper/nanny for a semi-formal style residence; position is full time with an option to live on the property with private accommodations located in Vancouver, BC and close to downtown. Applicants should be flexible with schedules and have a team player working style.
The position will be responsible for the day to day running of the residence and property, hands on participation for interior and exterior care to maintain high standards and efficiency. Applicants must have previous experience in private service for all elements of residential maintenance, culinary, food & beverage service, and household inventory management.
- Day to day running of the residence and property.
- Driving, as required.
- Child care, as required.
- Full participation with housekeeping, laundry, iron and wardrobe management.
- Hands on care & organization for interiors.
- Organize and manage household inventories, closets and storage areas.
- Assisting with regular entertaining for private & social events.
- Running of errands and grocery shopping, including dry-cleaning.
- Daily cooking for family style meals, settings and service for principals & guests.
- Greeting of guests and visitors, answering of telephone and taking messages.
- Vehicle management – cleaning and filling up with gas.
- Pet care
- Previous experience working in a semi-formal style of residence is a must.
- Applicants must be service oriented and self-starters.
- Excellent housekeeping & laundry skills for care and treatment of fine furnishings and finishes a must.
- Good cooking skills with food & beverage service skills and experience with large event planning.
- Knowledgeable with practical handy man experience and management of trades & vendors.
- Applicants should be energetic with a strong work ethic, strong communication skills and ability to anticipate needs of principals.
- Applicants should have a neat and polished appearance, uniform if required provided by employer.
- Must exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- One person must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record, preferably both.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Salary and benefits dependent on experience and previous employment.
Housekeeping and Other Duties:
Child Care Duties:
- General house cleaning, including vacuuming, dusting, mopping, tidying, putting things away, wash windows, etc.
- Doing dishes, including loading and emptying dishwasher, putting away dishes, hand washing pots and dishes that don’t go in dishwasher, etc.
- Making the beds daily and changing the bed linens.
- Laundry, ironing, folds clothing, linens, etc.
- Plan and prepare meals; set and clear of dishes afterwards
- Put recyclables in blue boxes. Take recyclables for which deposits are due (wine bottles, drink boxes, etc.) to the recycle depot and collect deposit amounts.
- Grocery shopping, pick up and drop off dry cleaning, and other driving errands as requested by the employer.
- Maintaining care and inventory of fine china, silver, crystal, automobiles, artwork, antiques and other special collections
- Assisting with special events and entertaining in the home
- Running household and personal errands
- Answering residence phone, receiving guests and supervising the reception of visitors
- Maintenance and upkeep of grounds/garden and outdoor areas
- All other duties that may be assigned
- Supervision and care of 4 children when required.
- Driving of 4 children to school and activities when required.
- Care of 2 dogs.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home.
- Tend to emotional well-being of child. Assume full responsibility of household in absence of parents.