Tandem Networks Inc. is an Ottawa-based Telecommunications Design and Construction Company which is currently accepting resumes to fill the position of Outside Plant Designer.
Applicants being considered for this position will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Minimum 4 years in OSP telecommunications field
- Knowledge of technical standards for design of OSP networks
- Knowledge and experience with aerial and underground infrastructure, fiber, HFC, and coaxial system design
- Knowledge and experience using Windows computers and MS Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Experience using AutoCAD and/or other drafting tools considered an asset
- Good analytical skills and good judgment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills – written, verbal, and drawing
- Ability to work well either alone or on a team
- Professional and friendly demeanor; represents company well when meeting clients
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of French would be considered an asset
- Ontario Class ‘G’ License or equivalent with clean driving record
The chosen candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Measure equipment heights on utility poles
- Perform surveys with clients on site
- Locate existing cables & underground utilities using a utility locator
- Design fibre optic and coaxial networks while adhering to provincial, municipal, utility, and client standards
- Provide detailed design sketches for drafters to them to put into AutoCAD
- Read and interpret existing drawings and designs
- Work and communicate with project managers, supervisors, and drafters to accurately convey information and determine solutions
- Complete field work and designs in a timely fashion while delivering a high quality solution package.
Tandem Networks Inc. offers competitive wages, medical group benefits as well as on the job training for accepted applicants.
General working hours are Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 4:00pm. Work schedule may require applicants to be flexible due to time of year and work load conditions.
Salary to be determined based on experience and qualifications
Please submit a current resume. Only chosen applicants will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time
- OSP Telecommunications field: 4 years (Required)
- Class G license (Required)