IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
This position is with IQVIA’s Privacy Analytics team in Ottawa, Canada. Located downtown in the heart of the National Capital Region, Privacy Analytics is on the cutting edge of data de-identification and re-identification research and we have translated this patented research into an amazing offering of software products and services that are enabling researchers to access healthcare data for analysis while ensuring individuals’ identities are protected.
Career Opportunity – Software Implementation Consultant
We are searching for a consultant with a mix of business and technical skills to join our professional services team that will play a customer facing role to help implement our software for customers and support our global sales team through the entire sales process lifecycle. This role can be filled in Ottawa or Toronto and requires some travel. Specific responsibilities listed below:
- Develop expertise on our risk-based approach to the anonymization of data (e.g. healthcare data).
- Deliver in-person and remote training to customers on our methodology and software products.
- Design and facilitate solution workshops for new and existing customers.
- Support sales activities, including delivering product demonstrations, analyzing customer requirements, supporting the design and documentation of solution architectures, supporting RFI/RFP responses and helping develop proposals and SOWs.
- Work with Product Management and Engineering in the escalation of customer defects and feature requests, helping to prioritize items for software releases.
- Provide Level 2 Support for customer issues.
- Perform project management and coordination activities, such as developing implementation project plans, status reports and performing customer project coordination.
- Build new sales enablement tools and build new content to provide sales people with what they need to successfully engage the buyer throughout the buying process.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related project tasks as needed.
- Experience in a customer-facing role.
- 2+ years’ experience performing similar responsibilities to this posting (co-op and volunteer experience may be considered).
- Education in a computational/analytical field (such as engineering, computer science, math, physics etc.) or experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of statistics and the computation of structured data.
- Ability to work in Toronto or Ottawa, Canada (we are unable to provide relocation support for this role).
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally for business.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and develop deliverables with minimal oversight.
Assets (candidates do not need to have all of these skills, but must be able to demonstrate an interest and ability to learn):
- Understanding of privacy regulations and approaches to anonymization.
- Experience working with structured data.
- An understanding of statistical concepts.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of technical considerations when installing enterprise software in a public cloud (e.g. Azure, AWS).
- Experience triaging software defects, identifying feature requests and recommending workarounds.
- Experience delivering training/teaching.
- Experience developing product demos, training materials and other customer deliverables.
- Experience managing a project, such as developing the project plan, delivering a kick-off meeting, coordinating scheduled activities, status reporting etc.
- Knowledge of RFP processes and experience developing proposals or other sales related activities.
Laurier Ave W #200, Ottawa, ON K1P 5J6, Canada.
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.