About Starling Minds
We are currently undergoing a global mental health epidemic. 1 in 5 Canadians suffer from mental illness annually wherein 60% are left untreated due to cost, access, or stigma. As a result, staggering costs are incurred by affected individuals and their employers.
Starling Minds’ mission is to make affordable and effective mental health care accessible to everyone. We sell our Workplace Mental Health Platform to organizations as an on-demand, 100% digital Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) solution so that there are minimal barriers for employees to access evidence-based support. Starling takes a data-driven approach to proving engagement, therapeutic efficacy and business ROI outcomes for our customers and program members.
About the role
We’re looking for a skilled and experienced Data Analyst to join our growing Product Team. This role will have high visibility within the company, partnering cross-functionally with Product, Customer Success, Therapy, Marketing, and Sales.
You have a fire in your belly and are always looking for new and creative ways to innovate. You have an insatiable appetite for learning and love to win as a team. You are highly organized, take pride in everything you touch and can respectfully challenge and debate with others. You are passionate about all things data and seek out ways to create efficiency!
Here’s what you’ll do:
You’ll excel in this role if you:
- Work with the Product team to develop reporting and analytics tools
- Work with the Customer Success team to understand our customers’ business performance and needs
- Help build customer-facing data analysis products, such as self-serve and on-demand reports, dashboards, and other BI tools
- Develop a deep understanding of digital mental health therapy and our market verticals, Healthcare and Education
- Manage and maintain multiple sources of data, including product data, Google Analytics, customer research, and user research
- Support and enable all business units with data to help them make better decisions
- Work closely with business units and Product Managers to understand their analytical needs, and enable stakeholders across the company to use data efficiently and effectively
- Build the data tools and processes to ensure the right balance of self-serve data and reporting tools and specialized ad-hoc data that will scale as the company grows
- Develop and manage intake, prioritization, and communication processes to serve internal business units’ analytics needs
- Own, review, and obsess over analytics and success metrics for our products and services
- Support a strong data culture and evangelize data practices throughout the organization
- Embrace a continuous personal development mentality, always seeking to learn and improve
- Are an appropriately skeptical producer and consumer of data
- Have a passion for bringing accessible, online digital therapy and education to as many people as possible
- Are able to develop hypotheses that you can then support or refute by chasing down the underlying data proof-points
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written) to present findings to both internal and external stakeholders
- 5+ years working in the technology/analytical sector
- 4+ years of experience in Healthcare analytics or Healthcare informatics
- Qualifications in business, computer science, or statistical analysis are desirable
- Experience working cross-functionally across an organization with technical and non-technical groups of all levels
- Experience working in an analytical or a technical role which enables you to contribute meaningfully to building data systems and tools
- Experience with Tableau and other data visualization tools/systems
- Strong analytical skills: SQL, analysis, and data visualization. You can perform your own analyses — write your own SQL, build your own dashboards, interpret your own experiments.
- You can translate requirements between data scientists, psychologists, engineers, designers, marketers, customer success, and product
- Demonstrated ability in defining, building, and maintaining products and systems that enable an organization and support growth, customer engagement, and retention
- You can bring clarity to complex and technical topics - to any audience
- Excellent communication, writing, speaking, report presentation skills
- Reports to: VP Product
- Salary $80,000+, depending on experience
- Full time permanent position
- Starling Minds is located in Vancouver, BC (Gastown neighbourhood)