The Site based Project Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Project Manager(s) and Site Supervisor(s) to create, submit, file, and organize all project documentation and other related drawings, records, reports, meeting minutes, and correspondence. This role will keep the project organized by providing follow-up, client correspondence, and drafting and creating responses as required by the project. The Project Assistant will perform an array of tasks to support site resource requirements and is reassigned to support other teams or perform other clerical tasks as required.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Project Assistant is responsible for effectively assisting with all administrative functions related to the project, including drafting of project correspondence, managing the DFR, WCPPE, PO and PPE processes, logging and handling drawings, reports, and assisting with the coding and investigation of project-related invoices. This position will assist with the project schedule providing information and responding to client requests. This role will control and ensure confidentiality is maintained on all sensitive information.
Scope of Position:
- Attend meetings to take comprehensive minutes and represent FMI in a professional manner.
- Assist in documentation of project resourcing requirements for Construction Execution Plans and Schedules.
- Develop the necessary FMI project documentation, including but not limited to: Daily Field Reports (DFRs), Purchase Orders, Progress Payment Estimate (PPE)/Work Change Progress Payment Estimate (WCPPE), Drawings
- Assist with the development of documentation for submittal packages.
- Display initiative in the development and management of: Operational and maintenance (O&M) manuals, Warranty and delivery information, Status reports as required by the client, Weekly FMI status reports, attending weekly project meetings to update on project progress, Field Advice Memo’s (FAM) and Requests for Information (RFI), to be submitted to the client and then providing follow-up for client responses.
- Responsible for managing all project-related invoices
- Manage travel and accommodation arrangements for project personnel.
- Assist with changes to project and material schedules.
- Assist in the management of training and mentoring forms
- Manage multiple priorities ensuring all administrative deadlines and paperwork submission is complete.
- Manage and maintain accurate and complete project records in both hard and soft copy.
- Display initiative in conjunction with the Project Manager to ensure an on-track project schedule and budget.
- Display effective and efficient communication with the Project Manager, Director of Project Management & Resources, Site personnel, Vendors, FMI Head Office Personnel, and the Client.
- Speak confidently and knowledgeably on the on the status of the project.
- Portray FMI in a professional and positive manner, by ensuring effective written and verbal communication.
- Keep positive attitude in all aspect of the work environment.
- Manage multiple priorities, and being able to shift between priorities through-out the completion of tasks.
- Office Administration Certificate or relevant experience.
- 3 years in an administrative role.
- Able to manage multiple priorities.
- Able to keep calm and positive in stressful situations.
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office Software.
- Participation in a team environment
- Self motivated, and driven to improve processes and procedures
Contract length: 6 months
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday