What you will do
We are currently looking for a Senior Service Operations Manager to join our team based in the Greater Toronto Area. This position collaborates with the area leadership team and is responsible for providing vision, leadership, and direction to the local respective Area staff. They are to assist with developing business strategies, and implementing action plans to meet their Area(s) objectives. Responsibilities also include involvement with all aspects of branch operations to include service, and administrative functions, to profitably grow the area business.
How you will do it
TRAINING AND CONSULTATION:
- Assist in implementing plans, programs, and processes designed to meet or exceed respective Areas goals and objectives as well as maximizing market potential in all businesses segments to include new bookings (sales), revenue, and profitability.
Assist in training of service management staff and leveraging best practices. Ensuring betterment initiatives are adopted and scaled.
- Responsible for the identification, selection, and development of potentially new and existing accounts such as architects and engineers, electrical contractors, major end users, and general contractors with the emphasis on expanding our customer base and product breadth.
- Assist in maintaining effective customer communications along with building solid customers relationships from initial contact through order acquisition, delivery and installation, and service.
- Ensure contractual obligations are fulfilled while quickly resolving customer complaints concerning installation and service issues, thereby minimizing customer concerns and enhancing customer relations.
- Ensure that fair and effective performance measures are assigned, and that employees are motivated to achieve and / or exceed their assigned goals and objectives utilizing sound management tools and practices.
- Organize, develop, and empower local staff into a cohesive and effective team trained and motivated to grow the business.
- Responsible for hiring quality individuals who possess the necessary skills, knowledge, and experience required to fill open job positions.
- Identify areas such as business and product knowledge, where training and development will enhance the local office’s opportunity to meet current and future business needs.
- Maintain an open channel of communications among all departments and personnel to insure consistent dialogue designed to foster initiative and maintain employee morale.
- Ensures that all employees comply with corporate safety programs.
- Responsible for ensuring that employee safety training is thorough, complete, and up-to-date.
- Identifies safety issues and hazards and notifies corporate safety officer of those conditions that require corrective actions.
- Responsible for ensuring that corporate policies associated with affirmative action and equal employment opportunity for all are fully implemented, managed, and monitored.
- Abides by Federal, State and local laws and regulations, as well as Company policies and procedures.
Performs other duties as assigned.
What we look for
Bachelor degree preferably in a business or engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in an integrated systems sales/service environment with a portion of time spent in a supervisory role.
Strong, positive leadership skills. Action oriented.
Strong understanding of P&L components and relationships.
Demonstrated management/leadership abilities to include training, team building, presentation and negotiation skills, branch administration, and effective interaction with customer/company management.
Proficient with MS Office as well as online systems.
Related industry experience an asset.
Johnson Controls and each of its Canadian subsidiaries are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants, candidates and employees with disabilities, in accordance with applicable human rights legislation and, in Ontario, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). When requested, accommodations will be provided throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. To request an accommodation please click here. Information you provide relating to accommodation measures will be handled confidentially. A copy of Johnson Controls’ applicable AODA policies are available on the Company website for your reference, and can be made available in accessible formats upon request.
Job Field Operations
Organization Bldg Technologies & Solutions