Summer Fresh Salads is a leading manufacturer of dips and salads in Canada. We currently have an openings for a maintenance technicians AM/PM. This key position within our organization will report to the Maintenance Manager.
The main responsibilities of this position are, but not limited to:
· Ensure that all duties and responsibilities are completed in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
· Install and maintain processing/packaging equipment
· Perform machine overhauls as required
· Monitor plant equipment operation and perform necessary running repairs
· Communicate any maintenance work performed or maintenance requirements to the shift Supervisor
· Ensure all maintenance reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
· Maintain general cleanliness and tidiness of work area
· Generate and implement continuous improvement ideas for production operations
· Willing to work extra hours if required to complete tasks
· Other duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
The ideal candidate will be a team-oriented individual with a strong, self-directed work ethic. In a busy work environment, the ability to juggle multiple tasks and work under tight deadlines is a necessity. This employee must be available for both day and night shifts and be able to work 44-50 hours per week including weekends.
· 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
· PLC trouble shooting skills
· Able to read electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics
· Basic computer skills using Microsoft Office
· Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.00 to $30.00 /hour