Emcon Services Inc. is a proud Canadian based company with over 30 years of success as an interprovincial Road and Bridge Maintenance Contractor. We currently have an opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our team at our Nipigon yard in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
- Are an experienced safety conscious Operator?
- You have a Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract?
- Want to be home every night?
- You have highway maintenance experience?
If you answered yes, we want you to join our team!
Reporting to the Road Superintendent, the Maintenance Operator is responsible for:
- Carrying out all assigned routine/non-routine summer and winter highway maintenance operations and activities undertaken from designated patrol centers. Work assignments will include shift work and overtime as required;
- Performing activities during the winter season that include but not limited to plowing, sanding/salting, grading, shovelling, etc…;
- Performing activities such as traffic control, emergency responses, highway surface maintenance, right-of-way maintenance (fence repair, litter pick-up, grass cutting, shrub/tree maintenance, embankment repairs, etc…), highway patrolling, shoulder maintenance/grading, drainage maintenance, etc…;
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Minimum DZ licence in good standing;
- AZ licence considered an asset;
- Experience in Provincial and or Municipal highway maintenance field;
- Helpful, friendly and courteous with the public, regulatory agencies and peers;
- Punctual and willing to work shift work and be willing to work during all seasons/weather;
- Physically able to meet all requirements and perform satisfactorily all highway maintenance and emergency assignments in a manner that promotes cost effective operations, staff co-operation and working in a safe and environmentally friendly manner at all times.
The Seasonal Maintenance Operator position is a unionized role with Liuna Local Union 607.
Emcon Services has the following conditions of employment: satisfactory drug pre-screening and Driver’s Abstract.
Emcon Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Emcon Services Inc. will provide accommodation for individuals with accessibility needs.
Job Type: Full-time