We are looking for a Wine Kegging Supervisor for our winemaking, kegging and canning division. This role is ideal for candidates with Oenology or Brewing background. We have saved the equivalent of three million wine bottles by getting people on wine on tap. Let's keep the trend going!
FreshTAP is a premium wine packaging division that provides wineries with a cost-effective, hassle-free and reliable way to join the rapidly growing Wine-On-Tap market in stainless steel kegs. As Canada’s industry leader in wine keg filling, packaging, marketing, keg cleaning and logistics services, FreshTAP brings fine wine to the consumer in the most efficient way possible. Our systematic quality control procedures ensure that the wine being served to the consumer is consistently fresh every pour, exactly how the winemaker intended it to taste.
- Oversee all aspects of our custom FreshTAP wine kegging operations, including but not limited to winemaking, people, process, quality, space and equipment.
- Manage all aspects of FreshTAP’s keg operations and work with relevant metrics.
- Manage the flow of work orders, wine movements, tracking, inventory, forecasting, purchase orders and report on the relevant metrics.
- Continuously identify operational inefficiencies and strategically develop actionable items.
- Work closely with the leadership team to meet strategic goals and growth plans.
- Maintain winery partner relations.
- Conduct lab analysis and ensure wine quality throughout the kegging process.
- Forecast and work with all relevant budgets.
- Attend tradeshows and festivals as needed.
- Timely identify and adapt to any changes in regulations and the business.
- Shipping and receiving of material as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years in a production position at a winery (preferred), brewery or cidery, similar experience in a related business may be considered.
- Post Secondary Diploma or Degree in Oenology, Brewing or related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- Experience with a formal Quality Management System and/or HACCP would be a strong asset.
- Wine Industry knowledge and all aspects of winery/cidery management, production, mechanical, H&S and technical knowledge.
- Excellent analytical and creative skills with attention to detail with effective time and project management skills.
- Adaptable to change. Possess well-rounded interpersonal skills including the ability to coordinate with multiple departments.
- Strong knowledge of production planning and production schedules.
- Possess excellent record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Ability to operate a forklift safely.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent