BACLA has a current need to hire Relief Workers.
Other similar job titles include Residential Support Worker, Support Worker, Developmental Support Worker and Developmental Services Worker.
- Support individuals with intellectual disabilities with their daily living and activities.
- Effectively interact and problem solve with people we support, demonstrating empathy, genuineness and respect.
- Act from the basis of always considering the person’s best interests first.
- Reviews communication notes, logs/fast facts book, medication sheets and all pertinent information at the beginning of shift.
- Maintain clear, concise and accurate communication logs, shift outlines, reports, etc.
- Be knowledgeable of and follow any guidelines in place regarding behavioural needs and approaches.
- Ensure that people supported are appropriately dressed and groomed for the time of day, time of year and social circumstances.
- Complete all required chores/tasks as indicated on the Day/Night Shift outline, complete all documentation.
- Cook/prepare nutritious snacks and meals following planned menus.
- Respect and maintain the confidentiality of all work related information.
- Developmental Services Worker Diploma, Child and Youth Worker Diploma, or Social Services Worker Diploma is preferred.
- Personal Support Worker or other equivalent training may also be considered.
- Experience working with adults with intellectual disabilities would be considered an asset
- A Valid G Driver’s License is required
- Emergency First Aid (Level A) is required before working first shift
- Vulnerable Person Criminal Records Check (updated within the last 6 months) is required
- CPI Certification would be considered an asset
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Computer skills
Hours of Work:
- This is an on call/as needed position. Hours of work vary; therefore applicants must be available to work days, evenings, overnights and weekends. The position requires flexibility and availability to accept shifts which are between 3 and 12 hours in length, supporting 24/7 operations.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual, Permanent
Salary: $17.66 to $20.74 /hour